Operational Phone (No Signal Loss Issue)

blacksuntzu

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone since launch day and I only had the issue once when it went into roam and would not bring back 3g data but I could still make calls. Once I set the roaming guards off no more problems there. I rooted using the stock ROM image deoxed and still no problems. I am happy with my phone.

Wife just got hers early last week and no problems with hers either and hers is stock.

dperry37

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello
I have had my Epic touch about 4 weeks, Have had it rooted about 2 weeks now with the Zedomax rooted Kernel and experience a number of Instances with Lost data signal after rooting.
2 Nites ago I finally relented and flashed the Stock rom and kernel and went the entire next day without any issues, went home that evening and wondered what would happen if I rooted again and Sure enough 30 mins later lost Data signal .
Then decided to flask back just the stock kernel (EG30) which at first I did not realize my root was still there with the stock kernel. Well I have been using now for going on two days functioning flawlessly (wireles tether making calls while tethered , receiving calls while tethered) Hope this will help .

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
LOS is definitely a kernel issue. Even people on unrootred stock have had it happen, although more rare than Zedo's kernel it seems. A dev will get it figured out soon though. In fact, I think the Lost kernel has almost completely squashed it.
Still, the stock kernel on this phone is damn good. I may never use a custom kernel unless there's a real compelling reason to do so.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Stock, launch day. I have terrible signal where I used to have fine signal with my EVO (desk at work) and if I actually pick up my phone at work, no bars and I can't send text messages.

I also have pretty bad data speeds on 3g, even with full bars. The other night I tested it, 50kbps down and 183 up. Switched it to 4g and got 7275kbps down and 1432 up, almost better than at home (better than actual speeds, but not better than speed tests ;) ).

I started out with great to decent signal everywhere, even at work, but about 2 weeks in to owning the phone things started going downhill. :-/

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Stock, launch day. I have terrible signal where I used to have fine signal with my EVO (desk at work) and if I actually pick up my phone at work, no bars and I can't send text messages.

I also have pretty bad data speeds on 3g, even with full bars. The other night I tested it, 50kbps down and 183 up. Switched it to 4g and got 7275kbps down and 1432 up, almost better than at home (better than actual speeds, but not better than speed tests ;) ).

I started out with great to decent signal everywhere, even at work, but about 2 weeks in to owning the phone things started going downhill. :-/

They might be working on your towers. If you never had bad signal and 3G before the 2 weeks ago. I would call Sprint just to see whats up. Also and i know you shouldn't have to do this but how about a factory reset. Some people claim to have some issues fixed by doing this. Hope its just Sprint working on your towers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12