10-14-2011 10:43 PM
26 12
    Just wondering how many people have a phone that operates without signal loss issues. Mine has been fine for 9 day's since I purchased it, maybe someone wants to create a pole on this subject.
    Samsmalls and supersanborn like this.
    10-09-2011 09:31 AM
    I haven't had a problem with signal loss at all either and I purchased my phone on 9/16
    10-09-2011 09:46 AM
    Release day purchase and no issues!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    10-09-2011 09:51 AM
    No problems so far after a week. Im getting good signal from this phone actually, right now Im getting -65 dbm inside my house.
    10-09-2011 10:31 AM
    i only had a problem when i was on a different kernel. Ever since returning to stock, i have never has signal loss issues

neither has my mom, who has never rooted. we have good, but not great, service at my house.
    10-09-2011 10:54 AM
    Im glad you started this thread, seeing that this beast doesn't have enough praise threads. Although I experienced a loss of signal one night, a reboot cleared that right up, probably wouldn't have thought anything of it if I hadn't been reading up on this issue in the forum. Signal stays strong otherwise, Haven't seen anything since & I also purchased 9/16, & I keep this bad boy "in hand" busy with a task!
    10-09-2011 11:10 AM
    Bought mine on 10/7/11. Experienced the loss of service issue yesterday. I am rooted no custom ROM and on stock kernel.
    10-09-2011 01:07 PM
    No LOS here running stock purchased on release day 1st in line to pick up pre-order.

For those having issue their all liars < Joke
    10-09-2011 01:29 PM
    I haven't experienced any problems with this device. It has been incredible to say the least. I know everyone has a different experience. After a week I thought my MoPho was worthless while other love it. Nothing against them or me, it just happens.

The battery life is great, the signal strength is on par with anything I've had (the MoPho was probably better but it doesn't impact me). The screen is great and the stability is great (that was my biggest concern with my MoPho (stability).
    10-09-2011 01:31 PM
    Bought mine on 10/7/11. Experienced the loss of service issue yesterday. I am rooted no custom ROM and on stock kernel.
    I take it you didn't have the problem prior to root?

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    10-09-2011 01:31 PM
    I'm actually pretty impressed with the call quality. I expected all kinds of problems coming from Verion but in a week and a half I've only dropped one call. The phone has gone into roaming a few times which seems weird but I was still able to make calls.
    10-09-2011 02:52 PM
    Mine has been working like a champ since launch day, and my wife's has been working fine since 3 days after launch day. Phones were purchased at 2 separate locations...
    10-09-2011 06:11 PM
    No problems here. Did have LOS once but never since then... I also don't have enough things to do during the day to try and kill the battery. lol
    10-09-2011 06:39 PM
    If rooting isn't the actual cause of LOS it will definitely make the issue a lot worse.

I ran my SGS2 for 4 days stock and no issues. Rooted it and got LOS the next day and then another one the following day. Sent it back for an exchange. Received my new on on Friday. No LOS since then. Will not be rooting this time around until this issue is resolved.
    10-09-2011 07:11 PM
    First LOS since phone purchase 9/23 just today. Will assume this situation is characterized by the circle with line through it icon which replaces what otherwise would be the bars, correct? LOS could mean issues with the Sprint tower (among other reasons)?
    10-09-2011 07:16 PM
    Perfect for me thus far. I couldn't be happier, unless there's a way to get it to make my kids go to bed when they're supposed to.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    10-09-2011 08:46 PM
    Been great here as well. I've only lost signal once, but that was in an area where every sprint phone I have owned drops calls so I'd call that a known dead zone.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    10-09-2011 09:41 PM
    Had los one time reboot back up and going. Now data is a different.story. It comes and goes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 12:00 AM
    Weak wifi signal for sure, but cell signal has been fine. All my calls have sounded really clear.
    10-10-2011 01:15 AM
    I haven't had signal loss occur at all. Had mine since launch and it is still unrooted.
    I will say wifi signal is weak to terrible with 2.4 ghz being weak and 5 ghz being terrible. And that from a few inches from my netgear 3700 router

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 03:45 AM
    I have had my phone since launch day and I only had the issue once when it went into roam and would not bring back 3g data but I could still make calls. Once I set the roaming guards off no more problems there. I rooted using the stock ROM image deoxed and still no problems. I am happy with my phone.

Wife just got hers early last week and no problems with hers either and hers is stock.
    10-10-2011 07:07 AM
    I have had my Epic touch about 4 weeks, Have had it rooted about 2 weeks now with the Zedomax rooted Kernel and experience a number of Instances with Lost data signal after rooting.
    2 Nites ago I finally relented and flashed the Stock rom and kernel and went the entire next day without any issues, went home that evening and wondered what would happen if I rooted again and Sure enough 30 mins later lost Data signal .
    Then decided to flask back just the stock kernel (EG30) which at first I did not realize my root was still there with the stock kernel. Well I have been using now for going on two days functioning flawlessly (wireles tether making calls while tethered , receiving calls while tethered) Hope this will help .
    10-13-2011 10:42 PM
    LOS is definitely a kernel issue. Even people on unrootred stock have had it happen, although more rare than Zedo's kernel it seems. A dev will get it figured out soon though. In fact, I think the Lost kernel has almost completely squashed it.
    Still, the stock kernel on this phone is damn good. I may never use a custom kernel unless there's a real compelling reason to do so.
    10-13-2011 11:59 PM
    Stock, launch day. I have terrible signal where I used to have fine signal with my EVO (desk at work) and if I actually pick up my phone at work, no bars and I can't send text messages.

I also have pretty bad data speeds on 3g, even with full bars. The other night I tested it, 50kbps down and 183 up. Switched it to 4g and got 7275kbps down and 1432 up, almost better than at home (better than actual speeds, but not better than speed tests ).

I started out with great to decent signal everywhere, even at work, but about 2 weeks in to owning the phone things started going downhill. :-/
    10-14-2011 03:33 PM
    No issues at all except for a few known areas where none of the cell companies have service. Very impressed.
    10-14-2011 10:35 PM
26 12