It has to be the phone. We were at diner last night with friends. He has a Sprint HTC Evo. I asked about his signal. He had full bars. My phone jumped around from 3 bars to zero. All the while his stayed locked on full bars. This is the straw that broke the camels back. I have called Sprint and was told they could not do anything for 30 days, so they could check my usage. The lovely Girl (Amanda) at Samsung told me she has not heard of any issues. And it must be a Sprint problem. I am going to sprint store today to try exchange. I love the phone, but can't afford to not receive calls. My office # forwards to cell. I also just read on another thread about the phone ring. Mine is bad. I have it as loud as it will go and can't hear it in another room. My old Nextel I could hear from outside.
    I do hope an exchange will fix the issue. I keep reading about people with no problem. I want to be one of them.
    10-10-2011 08:34 AM
    It has to be the phone. We were at diner last night with friends. He has a Sprint HTC Evo. I asked about his signal. He had full bars. My phone jumped around from 3 bars to zero. All the while his stayed locked on full bars. This is the straw that broke the camels back. I have called Sprint and was told they could not do anything for 30 days, so they could check my usage. The lovely Girl (Amanda) at Samsung told me she has not heard of any issues. And it must be a Sprint problem. I am going to sprint store today to try exchange. I love the phone, but can't afford to not receive calls. My office # forwards to cell. I also just read on another thread about the phone ring. Mine is bad. I have it as loud as it will go and can't hear it in another room. My old Nextel I could hear from outside.
    I do hope an exchange will fix the issue. I keep reading about people with no problem. I want to be one of them.
    Could you post back and let us know if the exchange helped?
    10-10-2011 01:14 PM
    Well, It turns out Sprint's return policy has dropped from 30 days to 14 days. I of course missed it by 3 days. The manager assured me that it has to be a software issue. He also said that every phone is different and ignore the bars "they don't mean anything". (Why have them if they don't mean anything?) And I should wait for an update. As far as the ringer he told me to take it to a repair center. As I said I do love the phone. I hope he is right.
    10-10-2011 04:37 PM
    I have the same my wife has the evo and she has data activity and I could not I speed at the repair center they had one there that would work mine not so much so they ordered mea replacement but its backordered it will bea new phone not a referb

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD