Anyone else having blurring screen issue?

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is an odd issue that I've noticed with my GS2. When I have text on the screen it creates a blur effect in the area outlined in the red rectangle (first photo). When I take a screenshot the blur does not show up, but I have annotated it in the first photo. The 2nd photo is an un-touched version of the screenshot. Would someone mind viewing it on your phone to see if your screen does the same thing?

I'll try to get my DSLR out and get a photo of the actual blur on the screen later on today.

attachment.php
attachment.php

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I went into gmail, composed a new email and tried to identify blurring in the area you marked but I couldn't see anything. I also moved the brightness up and down to see if I could see it at a different brightness levels. Nope.

Is this happening on web pages as well? Is it all text, or only when you're inputing text (i.e. the keyboard is up)?

JoeR32

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually mine does it when i wake the phone by pressing the sleep/wake button, i hope maybe its the lock screen pic resolution.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't see what your talking about, I even tried starring at the "4" from image to image and can't tell a difference. What am I missing?

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm totally not being a smart ass, I don't see anything different. Can you do some kind of challenge with another phone and see if it is there too? What about in landscape mode, is it the same area? If it were me I would try to be figuring out if it's the phone or if I should go to the eye doctor. Good luck

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for taking a look at the screenshots on your own phones, guys. Here is a photo of my screen with the screenshot up. You can see on the "n"s in "wanted" and "dinner" as well as the "a" in "shaun" that there is some blurring. No one else sees this on their phones?

attachment.php

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's one positive of buying through Amazon: They are sending me an advanced replacement, no questions asked. Hopefully the new one won't have this issue.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's one positive of buying through Amazon: They are sending me an advanced replacement, no questions asked. Hopefully the new one won't have this issue.

I doubt it will. It seems pretty clear that your screen had a defect, which doesn't appear to affect many based on the replies, or more importantly lack of replies, in your thread.

Good luck with your replacement!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes