Epic 4G Touch Battery Life is Terrible

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a question regarding the battery. If anyone has any input on this...
I may be experiencing poor battery life as well but this is happening as well...

I just got my phone 3 days ago. My battery takes about 6+ hours to charge via USB from around 10% or less. It also when plugged in via USB and I talk on it, it decreases in charge it does not gain.

It also gets EXTREMELY hot while I was talking on it and it was plugged in. This was after about 10 minutes of talk time. It was almost unbearable to keep next to my ear.

Are these things normal?

Thanks very much for anyones time.

No that isn't normal.. mine does that too when charging from USB.. its sad

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you are using a charger that has about 1000mA (or 1.0A) of Output. That is the output on the OEM usb AC charger that came with the phone.

I recently bought a backup AC charger and wondered with it was so slow...the output was only 600mA. Also, keep in mind that USB charging off your laptop/computer maybe be even less mA.

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So, as a final update to this thread, I wanted to post my stats for what I consider to be "normal" use for a day. I downloaded more apps, connected my Facebook, Twitter and gtalk accounts, have 3 gmail addresses pushing (not alot of data though), 1 exchange account checking every 5 min, and the WeatherBug widget on the home screen. I also played a game for about 5 minutes earlier in the morning, and turned off WiFi to really tax the battery. After 7h3m of this, these are my findings (see attached pics).

Thank you all for your advice. I still have no idea how I'm going to remedy this, if there is a problem, since my local Sprint stores could care less, but I wanted to make sure you all knew that you were a huge help to me over the past few days. I hope to have some good news soon.

EDIT - I also have WatchDog running, as you may have noticed from the screens, and the only alert I got was from using the Amazon AppStore this morning.
You look like you might have a bad app, and it seems like your screen is on quite frequently. That battery life for that usage seems normal given that.

Sliique

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I got an extended life battery AND cover for $7.99 off eBay withfree shipping and it has been a godsend. I am verrryyyy happy with it. Don't know if this is permitted by Ebay Seller name is batterycentral.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I got an extended life battery AND cover for $7.99 off eBay withfree shipping and it has been a godsend. I am verrryyyy happy with it. Don't know if this is permitted by Ebay Seller name is batterycentral.

An extended life battery and cover for the Epic 4G Touch? I searched ebay with no success. Can you provide the link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22