Okay folks I finally had time to drop my phone off at the Sprint store so that the tech could test it and the verdict came back as me having a defective device. Bellow are the problems that I was experiencing.

1. LOS - See multiple threads on this
    2. Overheating - See multiple threads on this
    3. Games crashing - See threads
    4. OS @ 20% or more - See threads
    5. Rapid battery charge and rapidly battery drain - Since this may be a new issue with the phone i'll explain.
    1. When charging from a computer USB the phone would take several hours to charge in very small percentage increments. At times if I was using the phone while charging this way the actual usage would drain the battery even while charging.
    2. Charging from a regular socket would render a rapid charge. I would actually see an increase in appox. 20% battery from a 25 minute charge. Very suspect with a battery this large.
    3. The battery would drain significantly even while it wasn't being used. I would see a decrease of 5% in 30 minutes with none usage.
    1. While using the phone for surfing the web, FB, Twitter and SMS I'd literally watch the batter drain at 1% per minute of use and sometimes 2%. I actually showed the store manager where my battery had drained from 18% down to 6% in 10 minutes. I only downloaded 2 apps with less than 300kb in size. He was appauled.

6. Very poor reception from 3g, Wifi and call - See threads

The tech did not really give me an explanation as to what was wrong but he did state that he tested different charges to test my charging problems and he stated he got verious and strange results when using different charges like HTC, BB and the Samsung charging cords. He didn't specify the type of outlet he used.
    He also said that he tested the reception but didn't go into detail about what the issue was.

To sum it up I didn't get much more information than my phone was defective and he's sending me another. With that said if you are experiencing ANY of these issues i'd encourage you to go to the store and replace with another unit. Bottom line Samsung needs to get their manufacturing processes together. I checked the AT&T forum and they are having the same OS problems as we are.
    10-10-2011 08:46 PM
    Glad they took the time to troubleshoot the phone, and didn't give you WTF look!
    10-10-2011 08:57 PM
    Well you finally got your answer. Now don't wish you did this sooner? Many of us knew you had to have a defective phone. I do hope your replacement is perfect. It could the biggest turnaround in Android phone history!

Seriously good luck with the replacement.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    10-10-2011 09:25 PM
    Best of luck, I hope your new phone works better!
    10-10-2011 09:31 PM
    Well you finally got your answer. Now don't wish you did this sooner? Many of us knew you had to have a defective phone. I do hope your replacement is perfect. It could the biggest turnaround in Android phone history!

Seriously good luck with the replacement.
    LOL
    10-10-2011 09:36 PM
    Glad they took the time to troubleshoot the phone, and didn't give you WTF look!
    lol
    10-10-2011 09:47 PM
    Thanks so much im having all.these problems mh phone will chArge in no time and then drain in a hour if that. I loved it at first but if this replacement isnt better in selling it
    10-10-2011 11:05 PM
    Okay folks I finally had time to drop my phone off at the Sprint store so that the tech could test it and the verdict came back as me having a defective device....

...With that said if you are experiencing ANY of these issues i'd encourage you to go to the store and replace with another unit....
    I have no idea the number of time I have replied to your posts and even PM'ed you saying you had a defective unit, replace it...

After seeing your posts about your two previous Androids, I can't image that any will make you happy, even this replacement.

I have heard that Apple makes a very nice phone that seems to be absolutely perfect...
    10-10-2011 11:17 PM
    I have no idea the number of time I have replied to your posts and even PM'ed you saying you had a defective unit, replace it...

After seeing your posts about your two previous Androids, I can't image that any will make you happy, even this replacement.

I have heard that Apple makes a very nice phone that seems to be absolutely perfect...
    LOL i was thinking the same thing
    milominderbinde likes this.
    10-10-2011 11:19 PM
    Dguidry,

Glad to hear that you were able to get a replacement from Sprint. I hope your experiences are as good as mine have been.

Cheers!
    10-11-2011 04:53 AM
    Please give us updates on your experience with the replacement.
    10-11-2011 06:10 AM
    Positive post now, I hope you can still love your new replacement!
    10-11-2011 06:44 AM
    hmm If it doesn't work skip the this phone sucs postings and move on to iphone.
    They have a great community waiting for your reviews.
    milominderbinde and tkemack like this.
    10-11-2011 10:26 AM
    Please give us updates on your experience with the replacement.
    Will do
    10-11-2011 05:21 PM
    hmm If it doesn't work skip the this phone sucs postings and move on to iphone.
    They have a great community waiting for your reviews.
    No sir ..my next phone would be a windows phone ..an OS that supercedes both IOS and Android by leaps and bounds.. just waiting on hardware ..go to a windows store and you would love the os
    10-11-2011 05:23 PM
    No sir ..my next phone would be a windows phone ..an OS that supercedes both IOS and Android by leaps and bounds.. just waiting on hardware ..go to a windows store and you would love the os
    na played with a couple wm device at AT&T just wasn't feeling it.
    I will stick with Android it will be around for a long while.
    Good luck finding a device running it that lives up to the quality you demand.
    When will that happen?
    NEVER lol
    tkemack likes this.
    10-11-2011 05:41 PM
    na played with a couple wm device at AT&T just wasn't feeling it.
    I will stick with Android it will be around for a long while.
    Good luck finding a device running it that lives up to the quality you demand.
    When will that happen?
    NEVER lol

Mango does whatever Android does and is better, less buggy, battery and it truly multitask.. Ill never be a fanboy of any company.. I like to explore new and different things that are intuitive. I wish Webos was around but oh well.. Good luck with swipping left and right just to look at the same app drawer Ice Cream offers nothing new either just a polished look.
    10-11-2011 09:28 PM
    Mango does whatever Android does and is better, less buggy, battery and it truly multitask.. Ill never be a fanboy of any company.. I like to explore new and different things that are intuitive. I wish Webos was around but oh well.. Good luck with swipping left and right just to look at the same app drawer Ice Cream offers nothing new either just a polished look.
    lmao
    10-11-2011 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD