Why do Facebook friends show up twice?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was happy to see that you can do the same type of account linking on this phone as you could on my Evo 3d. However, for some reason when I do link them, I get 2 instances of the same friend on FB, this results in double birthday entries in the Google calendar, and just looks messy!

Does this have something to do with Facebook for HTC Sense? Is that where the second account comes from, and if so, how do I get rid of it?

Reactions: tkemack

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep, looks like the Social Hub thing has something to do with it. For one person the entry showed up twice because I put her birthday into Google calendar as well.

You're right, the phone pictures as well as the shortcut to a buddy picture for the widget on the homescreen do look better using Social Hub Facebook. However, the contact pictures in the contacts list look better from just plain old Facebook.... Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If the person has more than one picture, you can force it to pick one. Go to contact, hit menu - set as default. Select the profile pic you want to see

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh, didn't know I could force it to use one picture over the other. But now I have a new problem, I removed the social hub facebook and now when I add that account again, it keeps telling me that sync is experiencing problems and to try again. Been trying since last night, restarted the phone, even took out the regular fb account and started with the social hub one, but no luck. Is anyone else having sync problems?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues syncing with social hub. However, I tried to sync my wife's up last night (first time) and ran into the same problem as you. Tried the same things as you, to no avail.

Edit: I haven't tried this yet, but maybe try clearing data/cache from social hub in applications list

niknak01

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
When u sync FB... U don't want to sync the FB from socialhub AND the facebook app that u downloaded. The social hub fb allows u to sync ur contacts and ur calendar and the FB app just dumps ur contacts into ur phonebook. If u go into account sync and un sync the fb for android app it should correct ur problem. U will have to go into ur contacts and edit and join to make sure they are properly matched to the contacts that are already in ur phonebook.

edward.burton.35

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem too, thanks for your comments. I'm going to remove the FB sync and just let social hub sync contacts but I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping you guys might know something about:

The FB contact has a 'View Profile' field whereas the social hub contact has everything but this. Is there any way to add this field to social hub contact without having to go back to syncing from FB app as well. I really want to remove the FB sync but leave this field.

Also if I add a new contact in FB and social hub syncs and adds to my phone, would it also be added to gmail? Gmail is supposed to be the master copy and backup right, so it wouldn't be much help if it didn't sync everything. However I have 359 contacts on the phone right now and only 247 on gmail... something doesn't add up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair