Dolphin HD Browser

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if people close out of the browser when done? I find that if I don't, my phone heats up and it drains the battery pretty quickly.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about using the Dolphin browser ... what's the difference between " Dolphin Browser HD " and " Dolphin Browser Mini " ??

Handsomeprince,

The Mini browser focuses on providing a better "mobile" browsing experience. It looks to load pages a quickly as possible and strips away some of the more involved features of the HD browser. I found that I didn't like some of the controls in the HD version. Additionally I am purely focused on speed and don't actually want a "full browser experience" (although I do like the fact it loads to the quick links screen). I thought it was comical when the iPhone touted this as a feature (on EDGE is was slower than anything I've ever used) since to me, mobile websites on a mobile device with mobile speeds provide me everything I need.

I've heard great things about Opera, but I never seem to like the way it is laid out and Opera Mini, I believe, off-loads some of the processing to their servers. Not sure how this impacts the overall speed, but I might give it another shot.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I love Dolphin HD, been using it since very early on the OG Epic...

I always exit out of the app, but really don't have an honest reason other than the fact that I really don't need it up all the time. Plus, I like the splash screen that you get when you open it that has your bookmarks front and center (speed dial)

And yes, I know you can just get this screen by opening a new tab... :p

androidsrb

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if people close out of the browser when done? I find that if I don't, my phone heats up and it drains the battery pretty quickly.

Same thing about the heating up. I forgot to close it when in my car and was surprised by the heat when I picked up my Photon.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's my Dolphin HD browsing method:

Turn on the option to open all links in new tabs
Create a gesture to close tab. For me, it's a flick up (I had to replace the default flick up gesture with it)

Now when I'm in a forum, clicking on a thread opens it in a new tab. After I finish reading, I gesture and flick up with my thumb, and now I'm back to the main forum page ready to click on the next thread.

This is also great if you fat finger the wrong link. Just close the errant tab and you're back where you began.

Reactions: Rockser2g#AC

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't look like you can use Last pass with the mini version. Am liking the HD version more.

I want to donate.but the donation app in the market is not from the Dolphin developers name. So I afraid to make a donation to that app.

I guess I need to contact them to verify that donation app.

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone, is this normal? If I leave the browser open, I can watch the cpu usage fluctuate and reach as high as 100%. Although most times it goes up to a max of 15 with an occasional bump to 50. I'd attach a screenshot but don't know how to do it from my phone. Thanks

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use the mini browser and when I was monitoring my OS usage because my battery is horrible it does suck a tad bit of battery but tappers off after a while

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed in his past week or so, Dolphin HD has triggered my Watchdog app as having spiked the CPU a dozen times. I also see Dolphin HD regularly taking 30-40% of the battery, which is much higher than normal, which is under 5%.

I have reinstalled it, but that didn't help.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin actually spiked my cpu usage couple of times, and got stuck at that high usage, as noted by System Panel, and drained my battery by 60% in 6 hours before I noticed. Its been uninstalled and replaced by Boat and Maxthon and I am happy so far. Other browsers are available with gesture support. So other than the plugin support, I dont think Dolphin has anything else unique.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin actually spiked my cpu usage couple of times, and got stuck at that high usage, as noted by System Panel, and drained my battery by 60% in 6 hours before I noticed. Its been uninstalled and replaced by Boat and Maxthon and I am happy so far. Other browsers are available with gesture support. So other than the plugin support, I dont think Dolphin has anything else unique.
Thanks. I honestly think my battery would be a lot better if I didn't use it. Dolphin mini seems to be a little better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac