Benchmarks for iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S II and the Rest!

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
+1 on that Freddyc... wheres ICS for this phone lol. The Iphone is a great phone . to says its not is crazy. If it wasn't then alot of people bought crappy. I personally won't get one but i will still say its a great phone. And for those who buy it its the only phone for them.

efross(Lol you guys crack me up! I have been using iOS5 for a few days now, and I'm pumped on it. You know what is missing from Android? FAST LOADING! Anytime you have to load something, let's say Facebook, for example, it takes FOREVER!!!!!!!! And yet iOS is almost predictive! lol)
What do you mean by this? are you talking download speed? because if you are that has nothing to do with the phone and all to do with Sprints service. So unless you went to ATT or Verizon , you will still have to wait for your facebook page to load.

Benchmarks a good tool to reference your phones power but they mean nothing really at the end. If your phone is performing at flawless movement and is handling everything you throw at it with ease. then its a perfect phone even if the benckmarks don't back it up.

Enjoy your phone , which ever you use.

I would've sworn the original galaxy S has the same app opening speed as the iphone 4, and after playing with my friends epic 4g touch I was blown away by how instant the apps open.

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I just ran the rightware browser test on my launch day Droid Incredible and scored 56,000. Those results are nowhere close to accurate.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would've sworn the original galaxy S has the same app opening speed as the iphone 4, and after playing with my friends epic 4g touch I was blown away by how instant the apps open.

The Speed in which this phone operates is hands down insane IMO. I have only own two Android phones and played with my wifes EVO but i have seen some great reviews here about other phones. Crapple has good reason to go against Sammy, Its the best out there right now and if it can stop them from continuing to dominate then why not.

This phone can be faster and some of the problems that people are having do need to be addressed but by far Sammy is the top dog right now IMO.
System wise Sony PS3 has to most power out there but XB360 is top system. Everyone I know that plays games has both or the 360. those that have both play 360 more.
So if Crapple scores higher in these test let them. I still will enjoy my phone and its great power.

About closing the thread, I don't see why but if need be.

Dexter73

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Could part of the reason for the benchmark results be that Gingerbread only utilizes one of the cores? I would think there would be an increase in benchmark scores once this phone gets Ice Cream Sandwich.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The Speed in which this phone operates is hands down insane IMO. I have only own two Android phones and played with my wifes EVO but i have seen some great reviews here about other phones. Crapple has good reason to go against Sammy, Its the best out there right now and if it can stop them from continuing to dominate then why not.

This phone can be faster and some of the problems that people are having do need to be addressed but by far Sammy is the top dog right now IMO.
System wise Sony PS3 has to most power out there but XB360 is top system. Everyone I know that plays games has both or the 360. those that have both play 360 more.
So if Crapple scores higher in these test let them. I still will enjoy my phone and its great power.

About closing the thread, I don't see why but if need be.
Great post!
PS3 ver 360 example hits the nail on the head.
A buddy of mine picked up iphone yesterday we did a side by side.
Performance speeds the same only difference was mine did a lot more .He was pretty impressed especially with display he will be replacing it with GS2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I did take back my Epic Touch to pick up the iPhone 4S but not because of the benchmarks. I had been waiting for the iPhone to have some key features that Android has had for a while like the speech assistant and better notifications. I have really started to enjoy gaming and the gaming experience on the iPhone is great. The first day I was starting to regret not having the big screen, but I quickly got used to the downgrade in size. The phone is faster than the iPhone 4 but not by that much. I love Siri and can't wait to see what the next generation of iPhone games are going to be. The SGSII is awesome. I think that it is weakened a bit by Sprint's service.

Demosthenes9

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't make me pull up the benchmark threads for the e4gt! Lol these forums were abuzz with how ba it was in benchmark tests! Lol

I like how we pick stats that make us look good but brush them off when it's to our demise, lol. I'm all about stats and I'm bout to trade my e4gt lol

Really depends on what you are comparing. Two Android phones ? Sure, benchmarks will be meaningful. Two different Iphones ? Benchmarks would matter here as well.

Iphone vs. Android, less about benchmarks are more about overall capability, that is, unless one phone is just painfully slow. For example, while I prefer Android for a number of reasons, I'd take an Iphone 4 or 4s over my HTC Hero simply because the Hero is sooooooo damned slow.

In other words, there comes a point where speed/benchmark performance matters less than overall capabilities.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it really comes down to preference. My girlfriend has an iphone, and I'd never really recommend her to get anything else. It works for her. She thinks my Epic is awesome, but since she has small hands it's a little ungainly for her. There really isn't a top tier, small android phone nowadays. Bigger is quite literally better in the Android world.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch