Benchmarks for iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S II and the Rest!

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link to Android Police for a benchmark test on the iPhone 4s vs a Slew of Android Devices, including our beloved Galaxy S II.

iPhone 4S VS. Android Benchmarks Posted: Even The Galaxy S II Is Getting Smoked (For Now, At Least)

41618.png

41619.png

41612.png

All I can say is, wow! :(

ZATZAi

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Those benchmarks are from Anandtech.

I found it interesting how Honeycomb did much better Gingerbread? Anandtech speculated that ICS might close the gap. Makes one wonder of its the OS holding back better scores.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Crap I'm buying a iphone but if I do that I loose.

Large screen
True multitasking
Flash content
Customization - Custom roms , themes all the goodies
Rooting free tether.

hmm I will keep my ET mini computer take a pass on iphone

Last edited:

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Like I've said the GS2 is six months old, and the king of Android phones. The iphone has always done better with certain benchmarks due to iOS being optimized for the hardware. As far as gaming, no surprise there as apple pushes gaming. Let's see how things are with the improvements in ICS.

Remember benchmarks don't give the iphone a 4.5", a removable battery, or expandable storage space :). Love the E4GT for what it is.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That's an impressive Egypt score for sure. Before the iPhone 4S, the GSII was the only smartphone that came close to the iPad 2 score. My wife will be happy! I'll still take Android hardware any day of the week and twice on Sunday though.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
True but your Missing the true HDMI out factor which gives are toy the look of suffering in benchmark :)
Are benchmark takes a hit due it produceing better HDMI visual output.

Apple needs to tighten up slam dunk numbers are worthless in the real world in most cases due to the simplicity of their OS.
Simply meaning it doesn't provide a true smartphone experience compared to android.
Its generic , Nothing wrong with that but I prefer wide open freedom

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So you're going to base your purchase off of a benchmark? Benchmarks are solely for bragging rights and nothing more.

Don't make me pull up the benchmark threads for the e4gt! Lol these forums were abuzz with how ba it was in benchmark tests! Lol

I like how we pick stats that make us look good but brush them off when it's to our demise, lol. I'm all about stats and I'm bout to trade my e4gt lol

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't make me pull up the benchmark threads for the e4gt! Lol these forums were abuzz with how ba it was in benchmark tests! Lol

I like how we pick stats that make us look good but brush them off when it's to our demise, lol. I'm all about stats and I'm bout to trade my e4gt lol

Well said. Trust me, if these benchmarks showed the GS2 (or any android device) stomping all over the iPhone 4S, you'd see these same people shouting it from the rooftops.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
People have short memories. This is a constant back and forth with new versions of ios and android. Every new release one "walks all over" the other in JS performance. Showing Honeycomb already having an even match for iOS 5 will mean ICS will at the very least be at its level, probably faster. Add in that the GS2 can be overclocked and it is a no brainer that GS2 will go back up again. From what I have seen a 1.6ghz O/C on exynos already pulls faster benchmarks even without ICS.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

So when the Nexus Prime puts up numbers that make the 4S look bad will you be dumping that too because you're "all about stats"? There's always something newer and faster. Buy the iPhone because you prefer it over the E4GT, not just because it's the new kid on the block. Yes we would brag if the 4S benchmarked lower than the GS2 because it would have been embarrassing for Apple to take 16 months to release a phone that was top of the line.

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't make me pull up the benchmark threads for the e4gt! Lol these forums were abuzz with how ba it was in benchmark tests! Lol;;I

like how we pick stats that make us look good but brush them off when it's to our demiselol. I I'm all about stats and I'm bout to trade my e4glolol
hehehe benchmark threads no no please don't pull them up lol.
Benchmarks are important no doubt but what good are they if OS they sit on doesn't come close to what Android provides
milominderbinderers link provides 25 features missing from iphone OS.
If those features don't matter to you enjoy IOS high benchs they look good on paper not on iphones tiny screen.

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
hehehe benchmark threads no no please don't pull them up lol.
Benchmarks are important no doubt but what good are they if OS they sit on doesn't come close to what Android provides
milominderbinderers link provides 25 features missing from iphone OS.
If those features don't matter to you enjoy IOS high benchs they look good on paper not on iphones tiny screen.

Lol you guys crack me up! I have been using iOS5 for a few days now, and I'm pumped on it. You know what is missing from Android? FAST LOADING! Anytime you have to load something, let's say Facebook, for example, it takes FOREVER!!!!!!!! And yet iOS is almost predictive! lol

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Lol you guys crack me up! I have been using iOS5 for a few days now, and I'm pumped on it. You know what is missing from Android? FAST LOADING! Anytime you have to load something, let's say Facebook, for example, it takes FOREVER!!!!!!!! And yet iOS is almost predictive! lol
Who are you,
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...sider-sprint-epic-4g-touch-8.html#post1273157

You will be posting negatives about iphone in a few days crying how you miss android want to come back but for now go do some jail break :D

Last edited:

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Who are you,
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...sider-sprint-epic-4g-touch-8.html#post1273157

You will be posting negatives about iphone in a few days crying how you miss android want to come back but for now go do some jail break :D

At least half of those 25 reasons are available on any smartphone, including the iPhone. Kies Air does sound really cool though, and a big S-AMOLED screen is nice for sure. (though 4 inches would be my ideal)

I think we can all agree that benchmarks are fun for bragging rights and are interesting to read, but otherwise shouldn't have any weight in deciding what smartphone to buy.

It boils down to this: if you're a techie person and want to always have the latest cutting edge hardware (be it LTE, or NFC, or the latest dual-core CPU, etc) then Android is the place for you. Neither the iPhone nor Windows Phone are likely to be on the bleeding edge. And there's nothing wrong with that - they just tend to take a more conservative approach.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I will say about Apple is they optimize iOS very well to run on their hardware. May be the benefit of only making one device and controlling every aspect of it. Even before the duel core that thing was pretty snappy, and it only has, what, 512 MB of RAM? Granted, it probably isn't doing half of what Android does in the background, but it definitely gives them the edge as far as appearances and experience. Kudos to them. Now ... where's my ICS ...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on that Freddyc... wheres ICS for this phone lol. The Iphone is a great phone . to says its not is crazy. If it wasn't then alot of people bought crappy. I personally won't get one but i will still say its a great phone. And for those who buy it its the only phone for them.

efross(Lol you guys crack me up! I have been using iOS5 for a few days now, and I'm pumped on it. You know what is missing from Android? FAST LOADING! Anytime you have to load something, let's say Facebook, for example, it takes FOREVER!!!!!!!! And yet iOS is almost predictive! lol)
What do you mean by this? are you talking download speed? because if you are that has nothing to do with the phone and all to do with Sprints service. So unless you went to ATT or Verizon , you will still have to wait for your facebook page to load.

Benchmarks a good tool to reference your phones power but they mean nothing really at the end. If your phone is performing at flawless movement and is handling everything you throw at it with ease. then its a perfect phone even if the benckmarks don't back it up.

Enjoy your phone , which ever you use.