Can't Open Email Attachments

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using the K9 email app on my 4G Touch. I receive an email with a .doc, .xls, or .ppt attached file, and when I tap on "open" I get a pop-up message the document can't be opened. I open the Polaris app and it wants me to register. If I tap later, then the My Files directory opens. I am not fond of the stock email app. Those of you using K9, are you able to open the above mentioned attachments?

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
After a long conversation with a Samsung level 3 tech, we finally figured out how to open "office" type attachments using K9 email.

Open email>save attachment>popup window states saved to mnt/sd card (internal sd card)>My Files>scroll to bottom of folder list to see saved doc. You can rename saved file for quicker identification. Also, you can tap & hold the file name and move it to another folder, which is a nice feature.

To attach saved file to a new email:
My Files>tap & hold saved file>share>select email app>opens email and proceed with email as desired.

Hope this helps those of you using the K9 email app and can't open "office" type attachments. I submitted this issue on the K9 issue list, so hopefully it will get some attention and a revision update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22