LOS not a big thing?

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Assumed this Spring LOS thing would be a sticky, but apparently it's not that big a deal for others?

Routinely get "cannot send message", etc when trying to send texts (sometimes they still go through). No consistent way to solve it, sometimes restart, sometimes toggling 4g and/or wifi, sometimes just have to wait. Goes into roam quite a bit, wifi reception sucks consistently, etc. At work I am directly across the street from a bunch of cell antennas mounted on a building and my reception / 4g is unbelievable. Everywhere else, not so much.

I have seen emails show up while I am unable to text which seems a bit odd.

Has this really gone away for most of you guys? Just guessing given I don't see it as a sticky or even on the front page of the forums.

turbomeister

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any issues with Los. If your signal is good and you are experiencing those problems, you might want to get the device replaced.

Sent from a Crapdroid in a beautiful bod

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
While there signal may not be good, it was fine with the EVO it replaced. Often see no bars or roaming on this phone, and WiFi reception is horrible in comparison.

Would run out and replace it but my buddy has the exact same issues and have seen others complaining of the same thing on here and other forums.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
While there signal may not be good, it was fine with the EVO it replaced. Often see no bars or roaming on this phone, and WiFi reception is horrible in comparison.

Would run out and replace it but my buddy has the exact same issues and have seen others complaining of the same thing on here and other forums.

All this. Today I was in a restaurant in an area I normally have awesome signal, only about 10 feet from the window and had no bars. The area also has full 4g, none inside either. My EVO worked great in the restaurant when I was last in there when I was using that phone. It's getting very aggravating, and I have a feeling a replacement won't fix the issue :-/

And having no response from Sprint CS or Samsung irks me to no end.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had one single LOS, and my signal has been sufficient in many places and is excellent at home and work. The only complaint I have is the somewhat poor 3G data speed, but even that is better than some have reported.

Wish I knew what to tell you guys that are having problems, but I'm at a "loss" (lulz). Seriously though, it sucks for sure and I hope whatever fix is necessary comes soon.

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a rooted kernel?

Nope. Neither is my buddy who I convinced to trade in his EVO.

Today I was at one of my kids soccer games and a mom asked me if I had received her text she sent a while ago, looked at my phone nothing. Noticed 4g wasn't on, enabled it and immediately received 3 text messages that had been sent much earlier. Not saying this is the 'fix' as I have had it happen when 4g was already on, but this time it *seemed* as though turning on 4g woke it up or something.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Today I was at one of my kids soccer games and a mom asked me if I had received her text she sent a while ago, looked at my phone nothing. Noticed 4g wasn't on, enabled it and immediately received 3 text messages that had been sent much earlier. Not saying this is the 'fix' as I have had it happen when 4g was already on, but this time it *seemed* as though turning on 4g woke it up or something.

Ok. I don't know the technical terms, so please forgive me.

I know that sprint uses a radio for calls and text and a separate radio for data. 4G would be data, so I'm not sure how toggling 4G could have anything to do with a text message

I'm TMack, and I approve this message

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I know that sprint uses a radio for calls and text and a separate radio for data. 4G would be data, so I'm not sure how toggling 4G could have anything to do with a text message

I agree, just thought that somehow the phone was in some kind of sleep mode or something and enabling 4g woke everything up.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
get a replacement dude..something is wrong with your phone..
I have 2 of them, one rooted, one stock, never had a single dropped call, missed text or email on either one..
and, indicators on the screen have absolutely NO bearing on your signal strength; you need an app that will actually tell you your 3g and wifi signal strength to really see how weak or strong it is..

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The LOS problem is weird... if you do your research, you will definitely find a healthy amount of people experiencing the same issue. So many, in fact, that there is a Rooted Kernal dedicated to lessening the problem.

I've had my E4GT for about 3 weeks now... I didn't have LOS problems at first, but over the last week and a half, I was getting them more often. I finally got fed up with it when I got 3 in one day. Hard reset / factory restore seems to help some, and flashing a ROM / Kernel seems to help others. I have not had a single LOS since I flashed the kernel I referenced above, so it might help if you are into rooting and using ROMs...

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems to happens to me when I'm in an area with not very strong signal. The Evo will have signal, but I will lose signal and start roaming on the Epic touch. Not cool.

It's pretty irritating as the signal doesn't come back when I get in a good signal area. I either have to toggle airplane mode, wifi or reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance