Discovered a long press on the power button (as in, like 7 seconds) will reboot your GS2. The only thing I found on this in the forums was frustration over *lack* of reboot capability, so hopefully this isn't old news. Cheers!
    10-17-2011 03:08 PM
    It's old news.
    10-17-2011 03:27 PM
    It's happened to me by accident a few times in a horizontal holster case. Just the right angle to push on the power button when I sit and lean and am wearing bulky clothing :P At first I was worried it was a crash reboot, then I thought it might be the magnet in my case (which would be really weird). Then I figured it out. Now I'm careful about sitting with my phone on my hip.
    10-17-2011 03:55 PM
    Is this a "hard" reset or does it go through the shutdown process normally?
    10-17-2011 06:20 PM
    Its shuts the phone down then reboots it normally. its old news but some people who just got the phone may not know about it yet. I know when i was trying i was just using the power and volume up button trying to find the camera button lol. I miss that thing. If your new hear, remember that he search function is your best friend here.
    10-17-2011 06:27 PM
    Its shuts the phone down then reboots it normally. its old news but some people who just got the phone may not know about it yet. I know when i was trying i was just using the power and volume up button trying to find the camera button lol. I miss that thing. If your new hear, remember that he search function is your best friend here.
    I share your pain! I, for one, also immensely miss the camera button!!!
    10-18-2011 12:48 PM
    its old news but some people who just got the phone may not know about it yet...If your new hear, remember that he search function is your best friend here.
    absolutely, which is why I searched the thread titles under epic 4g touch for "reboot" and only found one (involving the volume button). Is there a better way to have searched so I don't make the same mistake again? thx
    10-18-2011 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD