My speeds have trippled on my phone today both 3G and 4G. I usually get 200-400 kbps on 3G and 2-4 mbps on 4G. Here are my 4G tests that I take in the same spot everyday.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2011 05:58 PM
    No. If an update was pushed out you'd know it. My only guess is Sprint did something in your area that improved data performance, possibly related to the launch of the iPhone on the network. You'd think iPhone customers would make data service worse, but it's possible Sprint had some hardware installed over the past months that they flipped on this weekend. Who knows ... just enjoy it assuming it lasts.
    10-17-2011 07:11 PM
    Yeah, it might have been that Sprint has worked on the towers in your area to be more efficient. Updates that involve the carrier's network don't usually come in physical updates that you need to install (aside from modems, PRL, and such).
    10-17-2011 07:45 PM
    Awesome 4g speeds. Hows your 3g speeds? Does the coverage seem to be more consistent across a broader area?
    10-17-2011 07:54 PM
    No. If an update was pushed out you'd know it. My only guess is Sprint did something in your area that improved data performance, possibly related to the launch of the iPhone on the network. You'd think iPhone customers would make data service worse, but it's possible Sprint had some hardware installed over the past months that they flipped on this weekend. Who knows ... just enjoy it assuming it lasts.
    No better in Omaha, NE. I did hear from Sprint that they are using the 800Mhz band previously used for Nextel devices for the iPhones. They probably knew that they would crash their network had they added them to the 1900Mhz band that the rest of us are on. This might only be temporary, but I don't care as long as they improve our data to an acceptable speed.
    10-17-2011 08:40 PM
    I am using an older prl to get 3g off old alltel towers, anyway I was playing around with cdma workshop today and I was on the 800mhz band

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2011 09:07 PM
    Well my 3G speeds went back down to their usual low numbers. However, my 4G is still flying. I'm glad its fast, but man it's weird. Early today I was getting 3mbps now it's 12-15 mbps and it's NEVER that fast.
    10-18-2011 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD