Am I bricked?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was trying to flash a ROM after I rooted my phone but now I'm at a black screen with symbols at the bottom. It looks like "a phone . . a triangle with an exclamation in the middle . . a computer"..
Underneath it says "Firmware upgrade encountered..." but it cuts out.

I'm still able to boot into download mode but my computer isn't even recognizing it.

I try to enter recovery but I end up on this same screen.

I just bought this thing today, didn't know it would be such a hassle.. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Also, this phone model is SPH-D710, correct? When I enter download mode, it says GT-9100!?

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I just bought this thing today, didn't know it would be such a hassle.. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Having had rooting experience with EVO 4G, each device or devices have their own rooting "experience."

What root method and ROM were you using? :confused:

Rooting is not for everyone and is not a hassle...IF you know what you are doing. Otherwise, the phone is awesome as is. When it comes to rooting and ROM's, caveat emptor!

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Having had rooting experience with EVO 4G, each device or devices have their own rooting "experience."

What root method and ROM were you using? :confused:

Rooting is not for everyone and is not a hassle...IF you know what you are doing. Otherwise, the phone is awesome as is. When it comes to rooting and ROM's, caveat emptor!

I agree lol. I have at least some experience coming from the original Epic but I usually just 1-click root and done. or even Odin...

Here's the full story... (Am I allowed to post links? If not, I apologize..)

I rooted my new Epic touch with this link: [Kernel][Odin] eg30Plus Stock Rooted BusyBox CWM5 and Plus Tweaks

Everything was working fine.. I then wiped the phone (the usual) and flashed the stable "Starburst" ROM from XDA.

I rebooted and started getting an error saying "Sorry! The application Status Bar (processcom.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
The notification bar was not present at all.. Soft reboots started recurring so I tried to restart but it didn't work. I ended up pulling the battery.

I then entered CWM and took a different approach.. I followed some steps from "Weltwon" ([ROM]StarBurst ROM[10/15/11] [v1.6] - Page 169 - xda-developers) and it didn't even get pass the "Logo" screen.. I pulled the battery once again (uh-oh)...

After putting the battery back in, I entered download mode and tried to Odin back to EG30 but it still stalled at the "Logo" screen.

Being that I wasn't coming from another ROM, is it possible that I messed something up when I formatted system in the "mounts and storage" tab?

I was rooted with no problems until I flashed the ROM and now there's no going back from here.

stlphilo

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and found this link that fixed it for me.

I can not post a link but if you google [ACS][Odin]Stock EG30 Deodexed with Root 3.0/Busybox 1.18.4 it will take you to step by step instructions on how to fix it.

Good Luck I think I have had my share palying around with root after this big mess I made I was just happy to get it to work again lol.