Who's ready for some Ice Cream Sandwich?

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just finished the webcast wow!
Here's some of the enhancements found in Ice Cream Sandwich:
Virtual buttons in the UI, instead of taking up a capacitive screen
Widgets are in a new tab, listed in a similar list to apps
Folders are much easier to create, with a drag-and-drop style similar to iOS
A customizable launcher
Ability to speed up and slow down voicemail messages
Pinch-to-zoom functionality in the calendar
Gmail has offline search, a two-line preview, and new action bar at the bottom
Swipe left or right to switch between Gmail conversations
Integrated screenshot capture by holding power and volume down buttons
Improved error correction on the keyboard
Ability to access apps directly from lock screen (similar to HTC Sense 3.x)
Improved copy and paste
Better voice integration
Face Unlock, a facial recognition service
New tabbed web browser, allowing up to 16 tabs
Browser now automatically syncs your Chrome bookmarks
"Roboto" font!

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was a bit underwhelmed by the unveiling. Many of those features are already in TouchWiz. The facial unlock is pretty cool. Making all widgets resizable is also a welcomed feature, but otherwise, I wasn't overly impressed.

Nice device, but I definitely won't leave Sprint for it. I'll just wait for the Sprint LTE GSIII next year. Very happy w/ my GSII right now.

I do hope that our GSII's get the ICS update but it's not something I'll feel bad about doing without for a while.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I was a bit underwhelmed by the unveiling. Many of those features are already in TouchWiz. The facial unlock is pretty cool. Making all widgets resizable is also a welcomed feature, but otherwise, I wasn't overly impressed.

Nice device, but I definitely won't leave Sprint for it. I'll just wait for the Sprint LTE GSIII next year. Very happy w/ my GSII right now.

I do hope that our GSII's get the ICS update but it's not something I'll feel bad about doing without for a while.

i'll never leave sprint for a device either. i am happy about ICS. touch wiz has great features but nothing like ICS, imo. I think the 8mp camera and those new ICS features will do some heavy damage to the fruit phone boys reputation

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The beta I saw had a sweep panoramic capture function for still photos. Is that still in there?

Also, it's worth mentioning that the scrolling open apps function lets you kill apps by swiping them to the side. Like WebOS cards only the x and y axes are swapped.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

gravyhead

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Booyah! I love swiping!

And no, I don't need webOS on my Android, I'm so over that. But, I do feel like I "poke" at the screen too much, when I could be moving my finger around to do things more streamlined. Glad to see these features added.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The face unlock screen is pretty cool I just bought a app the other day only 2 bucks a face detector for the lockscreen and it works perfect. Visidon applock. Not sure if everybody knows about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance