10-27-2011 12:11 AM
31 12
tools
    this is going to be my first samsung phone (aside from dumb ("feature") phones) and while Im sure I wont be disappointed with how it will run out of the box, seeing all the other phones that are/were released before/after mine getting updated to ICS and I dont see an update, that will probably turn me off of samsung smartphones. I had read about all the complaints about the epic and moment regarding upgrades, but figured Id give it a shot since its an awesome phone anyways. if nobody else got updated to ICS then I would be fine without it as well...

but as soon as someones put out a stable rom I'll have ICS on my E4GT probably before samsungs even begun to think about trying to get ICS onto the E4GT!
    10-25-2011 11:53 PM
    but as soon as someones put out a stable rom I'll have ICS on my E4GT probably before samsungs even begun to think about trying to get ICS onto the E4GT!
    Haha same here, as will many I'd think. The lure of ICS will be strong for people who frequent Android enthusiast sites and forums like this one.
    10-26-2011 12:01 AM
    Haha same here, as will many I'd think. The lure of ICS will be strong for people who frequent Android enthusiast sites and forums like this one.
    yeah, Im not smart enough to really get into making roms or anything at all, but through the hard work of others on here and other forums I have kept my optimus s pretty impressive so far.
    10-26-2011 01:39 AM
    Their track record shows that the Epic 4G did eventually get froyo. And even the Moment got an upgrade. So the track record as it is does not indicate that the ET will never get ICS. It may take a long time, and it may take 8 months to a year, but it will be there.
    Maybe the "track record" comment was in reference to the on again / off again rumors of the E4G getting 2.3.4 Gingerbread? I know I sat through that back and forth during my 1+ year with the E4G, so here's to hoping that the same is NOT true with ICS on our E4GTs.

+1... as soon as the ROMing and modding community gets a hold of the ICS framework, I will be an early adopter of any (stable) version that is developed
    10-26-2011 09:53 AM
    I haven't thought about doing it until now with ICS. I kept my Evo as it was, but if a stable ICS version comes out by the Cyanogenmod crew, I'd be VERY tempted to flash my phone ...
    10-26-2011 07:43 PM
    Could've sworn reading there was an issue with ICS and Exynos that was causing the slight lag behind the Nexus S (which has similar PowerVR graphics chip) in terms of the update for existing phones.
    No the Exynos has the Mali GPU built into it. As a matter of fact one of the complaints about the Galaxy Nexus is that it still uses the PowerVR SGX540 just like the Nexus S and a lot of other current gen phones. Any issues you've seen with ICS lagging on the Nexus S are probably because A) It's a single core phone, B) These are unofficial ROMs, and C) It has half the RAM of the GN.
    10-27-2011 12:11 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD