Video proof that this battery is HORRIBLE!

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Please see the attached video and you will easily witness the horrible battery drain that this phone has. The video begins and as it ends that horrid battery of this phone you will witness an 11 percent drop in 10 minutes. Many of the fanboys accused me of being a troll becasue I spoke the truth about this phone and its poor battery but here is your proof. Also, mind you that during this video he had the display very low in settings and did not open ANY apps or use the browser. Just the phone lit up for the review and like I factually claimed before that this phone will eat 1% of battery per minute. WIth that said, the many fans out there that states that this battery will last 18 hours and beyond on a single charge is not possible if you at least turn the screen on for 60 minutes a day. In fact you will be down to a very low charge..

Attached is the proof!!!

Samsung Galaxy S II - Epic 4G Touch Review - YouTube

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Going by what the phone had on it the time was 3:27pm and battery was at 58% at start. The last I saw the time and battery level was at 4:20pm and 48%. That would be almost an hour for the 10 minute video. It did fade in and out a few times not sure if he used the phone during the breaks or just had to go pee or something and just had it off.

I have never gotten 18 hours but then again have gotten 14 hours and still had a 45% battery. Granted I have no active widgets. But the battery life on this beats the mess out of my Palm Pre. Which is the phone I had before this. As with anything YMMV. Some apps eats up battery life more than others. Ohh also not a fanboy here at all as was forced to leave an OS I loved.

Reactions: kh4fun

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I get 16 hours of this phone every single day. Off the charger at 5:45....back on at 9:45 most nights. I typically have anywhere between 25-45% of my battery life left. Usually depends on whether i play games for an hour or two when I get home.

I'm not going to discuss the merits of your claims, very few complaints in these boards about battery life. As for the video. I saw that it dropped 9% in the course of an hour and change. I'm sure that phone was on for most of that time as they were conducting a review and likely did multiple takes of certain things. I'd love to see some battery stats about how long the screen was on just so you finally stop obsessing about this.

Lastly, I notice the review is by Engadget, here is there full review of the phone.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch review -- Engadget

I have copied the part about battery life:

The Epic 4G Touch's battery is stronger than the Galaxy S II, weighing in at 1,800mAh (compared to the GS2's 1,650mAh). We suspect the difference may be to support Sprint's WiMAX chip and ensure that its battery life doesn't suffer as much when using 4G consistently. We didn't see any improved performance here, but thankfully it wasn't any worse, either. Our standard video rundown test yielded 5 hours and 15 minutes before shutting off, and with 12 straight hours of moderate use (emailing, taking pictures and videos, social networking, playing a couple games, making a few calls and keeping 4G and push notifications turned on) we still had just over one-third of our battery remaining. You'll never have to feel uncomfortable leaving your charger at home for the day unless you plan to watch videos or play graphics-intensive games all day. This is still highly competitive with the latest Android devices on the market today.

So please Dguidry, just stop already, go buy a Photon and spend your time on that board.

Reactions: Just.Another.Face

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I unplug at 5:00 AM. Take about 4-10 calls a day, read dozens of emails, respond to half of them, text with the wife and constantly go on line to look things up, read news, etc. and when I hit the sack at 10:30 or so, I still have 30-40 % charge left on the phone.

Two of the biggest savers I found was to set my email polling to every 5 minutes rather than every minute and to set my screen timeout to 2 minutes.

Reactions: NYGat0r

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep like alt10pnr said. the review started at 3:27am and the last we saw was 4:20pm so thats some nice battery life. With the reviews they redo shows and retakes on what there going to say so that phone was on for quite awhile during that hour. and lots of people are reporting great battery life aswell as bad. So seems to be depending on how strong or weak your signal might be . its going to be hit or miss with battery life.
(Time exaggerated:) of curse can't take 12 hours for a review )

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you use the word factually, it must be true. Now to return this phone.....

I'm TMack, and I approve this message.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
ive had this phone since launch, and im showing it to customers all day as well as my personal use, and i get 14 hours consistently out of this battery

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
It ?s time to ban this troll from this forum. Battery life will be different for every user in this forum and one thing we can all agree on is that this Android device has the best battery life of any Android device on Sprint right now. The OP can go purchase a flip phone or older BB if he wants better battery life. Get him out of here.

g_schrage52

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I get over 13 hours everyday with out any problems. I get around 50 emails via gmail all pushed. I get around 25 text messages that I reply to. Twitter is open and checked every 30 minutes or so with opening links and viewing webpages from twitter. Facebook is used maybe once a day. WordFued for 20 minutes or so and then just random apps and web surfing. The only real background data is google latitude.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Please see the attached video and you will easily witness the horrible battery drain that this phone has. The video begins and as it ends that horrid battery of this phone you will witness an 11 percent drop in 10 minutes. Many of the fanboys accused me of being a troll becasue I spoke the truth about this phone and its poor battery but here is your proof. Also, mind you that during this video he had the display very low in settings and did not open ANY apps or use the browser. Just the phone lit up for the review and like I factually claimed before that this phone will eat 1% of battery per minute. WIth that said, the many fans out there that states that this battery will last 18 hours and beyond on a single charge is not possible if you at least turn the screen on for 60 minutes a day. In fact you will be down to a very low charge..

Attached is the proof!!!

Samsung Galaxy S II - Epic 4G Touch Review - YouTube

LOL, not to be rude but if your having so many problems with the phone why not just return it? Why do you consistently torture yourself by holding on to a device that is making you miserable? Why not go back to the Photon that seem to make you a little less unhappy? :)

Reactions: Just.Another.Face

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think he's trying to make us admit that we have the exact same problems but we're covering them up.

I'm not going to break.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten nothing less than 13 hrs out of this phone the past few days so I would say battery life is way better than any other phone I've had

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Did you even look at the clock on the phone before you posted this? 10% was over an hour, not 10 minutes, and in all likelihood the screen was on most of the time as it was being reviewed and the full video was edited to cut it down to the essentials. Horrible? Sigh. Well done once again dguidry.

Many of us happy owners ... oh wait sorry ... "fanboys", have fine battery life. With moderate use, I get a full day out of my phone. I streamed an audiobook via bluetooth during my 45 minute drive to work this morning and my battery dropped 4%, as it does every day during my drive to and from work.

Please, just do us all a favor, return your phone again, go buy something cheap on EBay since you sold your EVO, and have already gone through and returned the EVO 3D and Photon, and wait for your beloved Mango phone that meets your hardware requirements.

If you want to post PROOF, take your own video and upload it to YouTube. Show us your "horrible" battery life. Make a real argument with your own documented evidence. Ahh but you won't do this. Slingbox already suggested it a couple of weeks ago. You'd rather just complain.

Reactions: Samsmalls

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery drained 20 percent in 45mins from web browsing ..should i return the phone or request a battery replacement? Another issue is when in charging my phone its lags and stutters while trying to use the touchscreen

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery drained 20 percent in 45mins from web browsing ..should i return the phone or request a battery replacement?

Depends on your screen brightness setting really. At the drain rate you stated you'd get 3 3/4 hours of straight web browsing before you drained you battery. I would guess your screen brightness was above 50% at this rate. Without knowing more, it seems fine to me for having the screen on for 45 straight minutes.

Another issue is when in charging my phone its lags and stutters while trying to use the touchscreen

Known issue that is affecting some. Could be a defective charger base.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...reen-unusable-while-connected-ac-charger.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...t-stock-charger-battery-level-below-25-a.html

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I routinely get 13-15 hours of use with 3-4 hours of screen time on wifi, gps, 4g and automatic screen dim set before i get the 15% beep. This is about the same day in and day out everyday. No issues with battery at all. My wife gets around 24 hours per charge with about an hour of screen on time with hers and I believe she has the same settings. She doesn't even get to the 15% beep at that either. She doesn't even bother to put it on the charger every night and doesn't have a car charger. I said she should get one and she told me she doesn't need one. She's right, she doesn't. You've got to have a bad app or weak signal to get such poor battery performance. One app that did mine in for a short period of time, until I ditched it, was beautiful Widgets. Even with location turned off it ate battery quickly. Try narrowing it down to an app or apps that are causing it.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I just watched netflix for an hour and a half, through 4g, with the screen at 50%, and lost 22% battery in the process.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk