05-30-2012 06:41 PM
106 ... 345
tools
    Why in the heck should you have to turn of 3g??? I mean gosh 3g technology has been around for 5 years or more already and makes no sense. So basically you are covering a problem that should be exposed.. If the antenna is bad of getting 3g reception then Samsung should fix it right?? You might as well not even pay extra for data if you have to turn the feature off the majority of the day..That makes no sense
    Dg your way off claiming Jay to be covering up problem show some respect.
    As you can see my signal is strong.
    I sure is heck don't live under a tower , My device feeds off 3 during my daily travels roughly 5-10 miles from my locations.

I took off charger last night played a tad checking emails , sent a couple text & installed 3 apps.
    From that point device device slept over night getting woke up at 9:00 am.

9:00 am to present screen shot.
    Checked & Sent roughly 20 emails
    Sent 3 text
    Downloaded & Installed 6 apps from New Market
    1hr of listening to Android Central podcast using 'Pocket cast app',
    Checked facebook 3 times replying to one,
    10 min phone call.
    20 min of Tunin Radio.
    5 min Opera browsing.
    Fancy widget weather update setting 2 hours.
    15 min Kies Air transferring pics and Mp4 files.
    10 min HBO GO viewing.
    Weatherbug elite opened twice updated forecast.

That my fiend is moderate use I'm still holding 50%
    Now give up the samsung bash more then less are getting same great battery performance why your not has been explained. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARDWARE.
    Your device was running great for 3 weeks then battery life took a dump.
    Does it have 3 week self destruct feature? hmm you may believe that.

Bottom line you have app on top of crap signal area bringing down battery life
    Monitor your apps using System Panel nail down which one is making us all of miserable please
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    NYGat0r likes this.
    11-02-2011 06:22 PM
    I assume when you say that you only have 3 apps running that you checked them with the task manager. Do this instead. Menu button / settings / Applications / Running services. You will be surprised at what all is running. Look at those and see if there isn't a third party app that you don't need running. May or may not be a clue.
    11-02-2011 06:33 PM
    Dg your way off claiming Jay to be covering up problem show some respect.
    As you can see my signal is strong.
    I sure is heck don't live under a tower , My device feeds off 3 during my daily travels roughly 5-10 miles from my locations.

I took off charger last night played a tad checking emails , sent a couple text & installed 3 apps.
    From that point device device slept over night getting woke up at 9:00 am.

9:00 am to present screen shot.
    Checked & Sent roughly 20 emails
    Sent 3 text
    Downloaded & Installed 6 apps from New Market
    1hr of listening to Android Central podcast using 'Pocket cast app',
    Checked facebook 3 times replying to one,
    10 min phone call.
    20 min of Tunin Radio.
    5 min Opera browsing.
    Fancy widget weather update setting 2 hours.
    15 min Kies Air transferring pics and Mp4 files.
    Weatherbug elite opened twice updated forecast.

That my fiend is moderate use I'm still holding 50%
    Now give up the samsung bash more then less are getting same great battery performance why your not has been explained. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARDWARE.
    Your device was running great for 3 weeks then battery life took a dump.
    Does it have 3 week self destruct feature? hmm you may believe that.

Bottom line you have app on top of crap signal area bringing down battery life
    Monitor your apps using System Panel nail down which one is making us all of miserable please
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    Man your signal is Amazing!!!! Where do you live buddy because I am in Houston and I cannot for one get this thing to get good signal. Its a shame that my signal is so bad!!
    11-02-2011 06:56 PM
    Man your signal is Amazing!!!! Where do you live buddy because I am in Houston and I cannot for one get this thing to get good signal. Its a shame that my signal is so bad!!
    I live in VA Beach Va 70% of the year spending the rest at my beach house in Hatteras NC.
    Hatteras signal area isn't great 1x shows itself alot so wifi use during that time frame is a must.
    11-02-2011 07:05 PM
    I live in rural WA. Signal is bad, yet this phone performs well and battery life is good.

I'm based out of Houston Intercontinental for work, spend a good bit of time in Houston. 4G is spotty (where isn't it, on sprint), but voice and 3g have no issues at all, much better than rural WA. Battery still good - never had less than 14 hours in houston, usually a good bit more.
    11-02-2011 07:30 PM
    i think most people know this phone is amazing.

but also forgot it isn't a computer plugged up to a wall.

i think some people just use there phone too much.

its still a CELLPHONE.
    05-30-2012 06:41 PM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD