Tasks not syncing with exchange

scottresnik

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When first got my Epic Touch 4G, I noticed the "Tasks" app had synced the tasks from my exchange accounts.

However, since then I've noticed that my tasks are not syncing. They will not push from the server to the device or from device to the server even when I force a sync.

I've tried logging with adb, and this is all I see when I try to force a sync:

W/System.err( 2688): android.provider.Settings$SettingNotFoundException: roaming_auto_sync_enabled

My mail, contacts and calendar all synch fine.

Does anyone have an idea of where I might look to solve this problem?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, Android will not sync tasks and notes with Exchange. I believe Touchdown will give you that functionality, and there are third party Task sync programs.

njudell

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I had written it off as a problem introduced by Juice Defender, but have since cleaned system, and it still exists. It would have been a nice feature, had it worked.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I had written it off as a problem introduced by Juice Defender, but have since cleaned system, and it still exists. It would have been a nice feature, had it worked.

Greetings!! I use to have the S2 until this week when I went to the S3. The S2 has a Task app that the S3 does not have, and I would like to know more info on the S2 Task app and try to find it somehow for/on the S3. The S3 has a Widget to display Exchange Tasks, but not a true app like the one I used on the S2.

Any info you can provide would be most appreciated.

BTW, FWIW... The Tasks app sycn'd very well with my Exchange server. I too have JuiceDefender and did not find any issues between the too.