Phone not connecting in Download mode?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm able to get into download mode but the computer doesn't recognize it at all.. I've tried all ports and 3 different USB cords. I have no recovery so download mode is my only option. When I attempt to boot into recovery, I get a "[Phone]...!...[Computer]" logo.

I don't think it's bricked because I'm able to get into download mode, it's just not recognized. I've tried a different computer.

Any workarounds?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying when you boot your phone in download mode, you're not getting a COM# in Odin? If so, have you tried different USB cables? Also, I assume you have the proper Kies drivers installed, and your computers are recognizing them?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying when you boot your phone in download mode, you're not getting a COM# in Odin? If so, have you tried different USB cables? Also, I assume you have the proper Kies drivers installed, and your computers are recognizing them?

I've tried different USB cables as stated in my first post. Odin doesn't recognize the device because my computer doesn't even recognize it. I've checked device manager and adb devices. It won't show up

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm ... all I can think of is something in your first flashing process borked your phone's USB mounting. No working suggestions over at XDA yet? Honestly, that's probably the place you'll get your answer if there is one.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm ... all I can think of is something in your first flashing process borked your phone's USB mounting. No working suggestions over at XDA yet? Honestly, that's probably the place you'll get your answer if there is one.

I'll try xda. I've noticed I'm not the only one with this problem. Something will be figured out sooner or later.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, i had several Captivates, EPICs and Vibrants come thru my office several months back that had the Phone.....!.....Computer thing and what i did for them was pull the battery, let them sit for a bit (hour or so) then try to put them into Download Mode and that seemed to work for me.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh MY gosh!, I was attempting to install rooted GB27 from QBKing77 video. I had a @#$# of a time getting the usb to connect to my phone. I uninstalled all Samsung usb drivers and switched usb ports and did battery pulls and put the phone back into download mode... after 4 or 5 times with this, it finally worked.

Ioan-Florian Damian

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Win 7. When you plug in the phone, the win message bar will appear with an error; Click on the tab on the right down side, and choose let windows pick the driver. After it does, Odin will automatically see the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae