Anyone using a screen protector?

thesmj

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
For every smart phone I owned up until about a year ago, I used a case/screen protector of some sort. Last year I started to get sick of the peeling "Invisible Shield" screen protector on my Pre - so I peeled it off and threw it in the trash. One year later that phone's screen is still scratch free.

This leads me to wonder how necessary screen protectors really are. Top-tier phone touchscreens are already supposed to be scratch resistant, and screen protectors can lower the screen's touch sensitivity and make the surface harder to work with.

Since I leave my phone in its own pocket with nothing else, I'm leaning towards keeping my phone totally naked. On the off chance that something DOES happen, that's what accidental damage insurance is for, right?

Who else is keeping their E4GT naked?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always carried my devices in a holster naked, with an extended battery & a screen protector.This time around I'm forgoing the extended battery with it's large door & will be using a stock battery along with a spare or 2 instead. I really like the look & feel of the battery door & how the device feels in my hand & I want to keep it that way. I decided to cut up an old XO Skins screen protector I had lying around to create a shield for the camera lens area so it want get scratched up when the phone is placed down. I'm just not ready to give up my screen protector though.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I use a matte screen protector. Not to avoid scratches, but to avoid the reflections, and the greasy prints. I works for me, these things reflect everything, both indoor, and especially outdoors.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
no protector for me. I've got a tpu case on it to protect the phone from minor drops and it keeps the camera lens from touching flat surfaces. As for the screen itself, its gorilla glass. I'm not worried about it.

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my seidio screen protectors. I love them because they are crystal clear. People are always surprised to find that I even have one.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
no protector for me. I've got a tpu case on it to protect the phone from minor drops and it keeps the camera lens from touching flat surfaces. As for the screen itself, its gorilla glass. I'm not worried about it.

Don't be angered when you discover something on your screen.

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the sprint screen protector on. Then I took it off to replace it w/ a Steinheil crystal protector. But during the process I noticed that the other protector might of left some residue or something on the screen. i could only see it w/ a flashlight, so I didn't worry about it. For all I know it came from the factory like that. Can't see it unless I take the protector off, turn off the phone and shine a light on it. So far it's not bothering me. But I'm pretty sure you can scratch the screen.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't be angered when you discover something on your screen.

I keep it in a pocket all by itself so I'm not to concerned. But if I do ever damage the screen I'll just get a free replacement from my best buy insurance.

That said I did just order a car dock (for the infuse 4g) that wont work with the TPU case so I may be in the market for a protective skin soon.

liljoejoe54

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the screen protectors from the Sprint Store where I purchased the phone. I think it was $15 for a 3 pack. They are glossy but there are a pretty good quality. It took me 3 tries to put it on without any bubbles, lol. When I had the old Galaxy S, I used a screen protector and a Trident case with built in screen protector. So I had double coverage, I know its not needed but I didnt want to peel the protector off cuz I didnt always use the case, only when I was at work (I work construction).

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the screen protectors from the Sprint Store where I purchased the phone. I think it was $15 for a 3 pack. They are glossy but there are a pretty good quality. It took me 3 tries to put it on without any bubbles, lol. When I had the old Galaxy S, I used a screen protector and a Trident case with built in screen protector. So I had double coverage, I know its not needed but I didnt want to peel the protector off cuz I didnt always use the case, only when I was at work (I work construction).

I use the sprint screen protectors too and the kickstand case. The sprint screen protectors have been very good. And so has the case :)

Reactions: liljoejoe54

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I like the look and feel of the way it was made and will not put anything on it...screen protector or case. I keep it in my left pocket by itself and have never had any problems with scratches or scrapes or anything else. Always keys in right pocket, phone in left.

I did the same with my Evo for 15 months...again without a single scratch on it all that time.

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use the screen protector from sprint. I think it's the tinted one. I love it. My EVO was naked and was fine. I'll probably use the protector for a year and naked for the last year :)

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I use Boxwave screen protectors. The clarity is exceptional, finger scrolling is excellent, very easy to apply (and reapply if needed), and is very durable. Am in construction and out in the field a lot. Boxwave has been the best screen protection for me.

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic and love it. Its really nice compared to the free film that was given to my from the Sprint Rep when I purchased the phone. :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had bought a pack of Steinheil Ultra Crystal covers. I did a terrible job installing them, as I put the first one on upside down like an idiot then ended up with some dust under the second one that bothered me enough to pull it off. $12 down the drain.

I will say though that the Steinheil Ultra Crystal film is very nice if you're looking for a solution that you can barely notice. I'm looking for something a little more fingerprint resistant though, if I can find one that doesn't distort the screen too much or give too much orange peel effect.

I'm fine with the screen naked for now but I do plan to get something on there eventually.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep my phones naked...EVO was naked from launch day and still looked brand new when I handed it down to my daughter. The E4GT has been naked since launch day too...only issue is the high gloss black chin on the back is very lightly scuffed. And that is from the vibrator I think.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the Steinheil Crystal which I installed semi incorrectly and ended up with some dust under the stickyend that are visible (annoying but not too bad).

Very nice protector, but it collects finger grease a little easily... that's the only drawback that I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20