Just wondering if anybody has any inkling of whether or not ICS will maybe, possibly, and hopefully, fix the problem some of us have had with GPS reception issues.

Anybody know?
    10-20-2011 03:02 PM
    If they decide to fix it in ICS, sure. If not, no. The problem isn't generic Google ICS vs GB code. It is a problem on Samsung side. If they release ICS but don't fix the GPS problem that happens in some cases, then it'll still be there in ICS.
    10-20-2011 03:32 PM
    If it's not a Gingerbread issue, upgrading to ICS won't fix anything. I'm thinking it's a hardware or firmware problem.
    10-20-2011 04:00 PM
    Its Samsung problem expect the nexus to have the same issues.
    10-20-2011 04:05 PM
    Just wondering if anybody has any inkling of whether or not ICS will maybe, possibly, and hopefully, fix the problem some of us have had with GPS reception issues.

Anybody know?
    I recently came to the GalaxySII from an EVO with great GPS, and was annoyed to be having these issues with GPS, I'd always heard of Samsung GPS issues. Spoke to a Level 2 Sprint Tech, he cleared something, reset something else (sorry wrote it down somewhere, can't find it now), now my GPS is outstanding, locks on everytime within seconds. Downloaded GPS testing apps and the "before and "after" tests I did are amazing.. Hope that helps..Make sure to ask for "Level 2" support

AD
    Kikoshi and havosoki like this.
    10-20-2011 05:15 PM
    I recently came to the GalaxySII from an EVO with great GPS, and was annoyed to be having these issues with GPS, I'd always heard of Samsung GPS issues. Spoke to a Level 2 Sprint Tech, he cleared something, reset something else (sorry wrote it down somewhere, can't find it now), now my GPS is outstanding, locks on everytime within seconds. Downloaded GPS testing apps and the "before and "after" tests I did are amazing.. Hope that helps..Make sure to ask for "Level 2" support

AD
    This might be really helpful if you can find the instructions and list it for people. Maybe Sprint tech support has a record on your account what they did?
    Kikoshi likes this.
    10-20-2011 06:40 PM
    This might be really helpful if you can find the instructions and list it for people. Maybe Sprint tech support has a record on your account what they did?
    Yes, please! Im highly interested in this matter too!

Called Sprint, and asked if they could help me with the GPS, they did a refresh on their side, which on the phone, showed that it was updating the Profile of the Phone... tried using the GPS, didn't lock until a minute or so after.. very very slow. So the rep had me restart the phone, and Go to sEttings-About Phone- System Updates- Update Profile, then Try the GPS again, still under about a minute but slightly quicker, i mentioned if there was a way to reset the GPS Data through the dailer code, as they have showned me before on the Epic 4G, she mentioned she talked with the supervisor, and that there is no way to Do this with the ET4G... lies?
    10-20-2011 07:18 PM

AD
    Oh how I would adore if you would find out what they did for you.....pretty please??
    10-21-2011 03:58 AM
    Download the below app. You can clear your GPS data. Once I used this and got my first lock after it, GPS has been great since.

https://market.android.com/details?i...Lmdwc3Rlc3QiXQ..
    Kikoshi, Ricolando, osc006 and 2 others like this.
    10-21-2011 05:37 AM
    Download the below app. You can clear your GPS data. Once I used this and got my first lock after it, GPS has been great since.

https://market.android.com/details?i...Lmdwc3Rlc3QiXQ..
    GPS Test kicks butt. Forgot I had it lol. Locked on indoors with 7 birds and ~10 ft of accuracy in 5-10 seconds. Sweetness.
    10-21-2011 11:07 PM
    So do I only use this app just once? Clear the agps and Download iit, and that'd it?
    10-22-2011 03:15 AM
    So do I only use this app just once? Clear the agps and Download iit, and that'd it?
    Unless GPS starts giving you a problem again, no need to keep clearing it. If you GPS starts to take a while again, that's when I would clear it again.........After using it once, I literally have been able to get a lock within 3 seconds of opening up Google Maps for the past week.
    10-22-2011 06:29 AM
    The clear agps option is in that app... not sure if the person who posted this meant to clear the GPS data in phone settings then download this, or download this and use it to clear the settings from inside the app...

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk.
    10-22-2011 08:43 AM
    Unless GPS starts giving you a problem again, no need to keep clearing it. If you GPS starts to take a while again, that's when I would clear it again.........After using it once, I literally have been able to get a lock within 3 seconds of opening up Google Maps for the past week.
    And you were having trouble before, right?

10-22-2011 08:47 AM
    And you were having trouble before, right?

To your first question....I used the app to clear AGPS data.

Right before I used the app, I went for a 15 minute drive and GPS never locked, just kept searching. Cleared data using the app and it took a few minutes to lock the in the app.

After that my GPS connects almost instantly. I think what happens is the gps data becomes old and by clearing everything, it refreshes the satellite locations that is stored in the phone helping get a quicker lock.
    10-22-2011 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD