Help understanding phone signal under battery usage

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When I look under my battery usage and tap the little graph it shows my phone signal ...is it supposed to use different shades of green or is t just me? Does the slightly darker green represent better signal? Mine shows alot of light to lime green color, and does no signal show as like a gap of grey? Also if my phone signal is bad in that graph area should my time without signal be high as well? So sorry for all the questions lately thanks for any help

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have asked this question multiple times in different forums, threads etc, and no one has replied with certainty what the colors mean. Moreover, every source I searched and found had different interpretation of this. Red for sure means no signal, and from my experience bright yellow probably means roaming. Green should mean strong signal. Someone has to know the answer. If you know for sure, please post!!!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My phone was on the charger and i never left the house after getting home from work. From what it looks like. The green is the signal strength and the richer the green the stronger the signal was.
I have pretty good signal here but it did fade in and out as you can see in the pic. but no break in service. Also I was on wifi the hole night as you can see the solid blue line. WiFi is set the never sleep.
The black or black breaks in the colors has to be when your not connected or doing anything. My screen was off till this morning for the alarm so it shows all black till the end there.
If you have break in the colors then you have lost signal to whatever your connected to. Left wifi on or what ever so when leave your house you will see that break in the lines. I can't recall seeing red on this screen though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon