Over on XDA theres a thread about this. I formatted last night and there actually is an improvement. Pretty cool!
    Joan Crawford likes this.
    10-22-2011 11:54 AM
    Provide a link for the thread.
    10-22-2011 02:39 PM
    I'll check this out. Thanks.
    10-22-2011 02:43 PM
    Erase the sd card?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 03:25 PM
    I read the same thread over at xda and out seems that someone over there has seen some batterie improvements after formatting there sd card.

This would require backing up all data on your sd card first as it will erase everything on the card.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 08:56 PM
    Prolong Epic 4G Battery life

Special thanks to gravyhead for this link.

-Move files over to PC,
    -Format BOTH internal SD AND external SD storage through the phone
    -Push everything back.
    -Enjoy prolonged battery life!
    10-23-2011 04:01 AM
    Worked for me. I can't believe it!
    10-23-2011 05:12 PM
    Its worked wonders for me. Battery life is amazing. Such a roundabout fix though. I wonder why this works???
    10-23-2011 05:56 PM

Special thanks to gravyhead for this link.

-Move files over to PC,
    -Format BOTH internal SD AND external SD storage through the phone
    -Push everything back.
    -Enjoy prolonged battery life!
    can I please ask what internal and external SD are? thanks
    10-23-2011 06:18 PM
    Internal SD is actually USB storage i.e. Settings-Storage... You will see them both there. Your actual physical SD card(external) listed first on top and internal SD labeled as USB storage. Format both BUT back up files as you will erase everything. This trick does work. Try it!
    10-23-2011 06:32 PM
    Internal SD is actually USB storage i.e. Settings-Storage... You will see them both there. Your actual physical SD card(external) listed first on top and internal SD labeled as USB storage. Format both BUT back up files as you will erase everything. This trick does work. Try it!

Thank you. I am trying to sell my current phone so I can buy the Sprint Epic, I am very anxious for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 10:01 PM
    Thank you. I am trying to sell my current phone so I can buy the Sprint Epic, I am very anxious for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Your welcome. You will enjoy the phone.

**Another point to consider**
    Cycle your battery a couple times.....meaning drain your battery till the phone shuts down then plug it in and recharge it until the top right corner light is blue. Then enjoy your SGS2.
    Do this a few times. It will help battery life
    10-23-2011 10:41 PM
    Your welcome. You will enjoy the phone.

**Another point to consider**
    Cycle your battery a couple times.....meaning drain your battery till the phone shuts down then plug it in and recharge it until the top right corner light is blue. Then enjoy your SGS2.
    Do this a few times. It will help battery life
    Phone manufacturers suggest that draining a lithium ion battery all the way down is not recommended and can reduce overall life. I've had pretty good results using the BatteryCalibration app, but root is required for that one.
    10-24-2011 03:20 AM
    Draining a li battery dead is not good for it. But these devices won't let you. The phone shuts itself off when battery gets critically low, but before it's empty. So no worries discharging it until it shuts off... And the trick did help me.
    10-24-2011 08:35 AM
    What do you guys to do back up your card before you format it? You just plug it into the PC and copy everything from the "Phone" and "Card" folders to your PC?
    10-24-2011 12:14 PM
    yea thats what i did havent notic any change in battery since i did mine but that was on saturday and my phone just now is dead
    10-24-2011 01:54 PM
    Phone manufacturers suggest that draining a lithium ion battery all the way down is not recommended and can reduce overall life. I've had pretty good results using the BatteryCalibration app, but root is required for that one.
    While the phone is in the "off" or "dead" position is where the charge is benefitting. Since my Incredible days, Ive learned that shutting the entire phone down or "killing" the battery, then plugging it in till 100% is where the real full charge comes in.
    10-24-2011 04:56 PM
    What do you guys to do back up your card before you format it? You just plug it into the PC and copy everything from the "Phone" and "Card" folders to your PC?
    Yes then move them back once formatted. I format through the phone and not the PC. Just my preference.
    10-24-2011 04:59 PM
    I've heard this, too. Lithium ion batteries like to stay charged and don't have memory like the old Nicad batteries we used to use. Steve Gibson was talking about this a couple weeks ago on the Security Now podcast. He said these new batteries last longer if you keep them charged as much as possible. He knows his stuff so I'll take his word on this one.
    10-24-2011 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD