Is there a way to flash the CRT Screen OFF Animation?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are asking?

You want the animations to be turned off or the screen to turned off?

In the video he is turning off the screen by taping on the power button. But because he's using a different model phone where the power button is on the top not the side like us.

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Starburst and ViperROM, two of the more popular Epic 4G Touch ROMs currently, have CRT off animations built in.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I miss that animation back when i had my EVO 4G.

There used to be a zip file that allowed you to install that to your device. Not sure if you had to be rooted or if you had to be on a certain or custom rom though.

I would like this also on my Epic Touch but i am not rooted. Not untill they fix the LOS issue with rooted devices.

EDIT I went to XDA and searched the EPIC TOUCH forums and found that you do need to be rooted to flash the CRT OFF animation.
CWM is needed as well i believe. Guess i will be waiting for that.

Last edited:

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Starburst and ViperROM, two of the more popular Epic 4G Touch ROMs currently, have CRT off animations built in.

+1 to the fact that Starburst ROM has the animated shut-off included and working... been on it a week and love the cool feature...

if you're into rooting (or willing to learn) and flashing ROMs, it's definitely worth it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz