I just picked up my Samsung GS2 at Best Buy and I'm very happy. I'm coming from an HTC Hero 200 so it's a huge upgrade for me. I'm customizing it and installing stuff as we speak. What a phone!
    10-24-2011 11:30 AM
    I just picked up my Samsung GS2 at Best Buy and I'm very happy. I'm coming from an HTC Hero 200 so it's a huge upgrade for me. I'm customizing it and installing stuff as we speak. What a phone!
    Congrats Welcome to GSII playground.
    Its a great device!
    10-24-2011 11:45 AM
    Man, that is a huge upgrade.....Enjoy it!
    10-24-2011 12:10 PM
    Man, that is a huge upgrade.....Enjoy it!
    yeah no doubt major upgrade kind of like going from black&white TV with rabbit ears to HD color tv.
    10-24-2011 12:15 PM
    yeah no doubt major upgrade kind of like going from black&white TV with rabbit ears to HD color tv.
    lol, with all the great devices that have been out since then I don't know how anyone can hold on to a device that long.

With sprint taking away the Premier program I don't know how I will be able to wait 2 years for each upgrade. It is just wrong for cell phone providers to make us wait that long! Especially since the manufactures haven't shown to upgrade devices that have been out that long.

That is one thing I am envious of with Apple and it's software. When they put out an OS upgrade it goes out to all almost all their phone models unless something is to old to handle it. If that were the case with Android it would be one more step closer to amazing.

Unfortunelty, all these manufactureres have to get there hands in it and some devices get updated and others don't. It can be moves or close to a year before a device might see an upgrade of the OS. That is wha makes the Nexus line so great, unfortunetly the phone does not look like it is coming to Sprint anytime soon becuase that seems like the way to go if you want to be a little future proof as far as OS updates go.
    10-24-2011 12:25 PM
    lol, with all the great devices that have been out since then I don't know how anyone can hold on to a device that long.

With sprint taking away the Premier program I don't know how I will be able to wait 2 years for each upgrade. It is just wrong for cell phone providers to make us wait that long! Especially since the manufactures haven't shown to upgrade devices that have been out that long.

That is one thing I am envious of with Apple and it's software. When they put out an OS upgrade it goes out to all almost all their phone models unless something is to old to handle it. If that were the case with Android it would be one more step closer to amazing.

Unfortunelty, all these manufactureres have to get there hands in it and some devices get updated and others don't. It can be moves or close to a year before a device might see an upgrade of the OS. That is wha makes the Nexus line so great, unfortunetly the phone does not look like it is coming to Sprint anytime soon becuase that seems like the way to go if you want to be a little future proof as far as OS updates go.
    So true Sprint doing away with are 1 year full upgade is a smartphone geeks worse dream but look on the bright side.
    We own GSII so the pain wont be so bad especially since development community is looking to be strong which will make for fast ports.
    ET4G is pretty sound I'm not freaking , now if I was stuck with EVO3D it would be pure misery for 2 years
    10-24-2011 12:52 PM
    welcome aboard.. I just got mines 2 weeks ago. upgraded from a 2009 palm pre.. the transition was great
    10-24-2011 12:54 PM
    Awesome, i came from an HTC Hero as well. You're going to love this phone. I think GS2 can still be a formidable phone for 2 years. By that time it may not be the latest and greatest but it will still be a great phone.
    10-24-2011 12:59 PM
    ET4G is pretty sound I'm not freaking , now if I was stuck with EVO3D it would be pure misery for 2 years
    YES! I am so happy I was able to cancel my line with no ETF and sell my EVO 3D. Then opened a new line on my account and purchased the SGS2. This phone feels so much better then that thing. The EVO felt dated a few weeks after I owned it.

I don't think I would purchase another phone that didn't have a super amoled display or something better. This has become my benchmark for screens so Samsung is looking pretty bright to me for future phones. SLCD is just not cutting it in todays mobile wars!
    10-24-2011 01:46 PM
    My wife upgraded from a Hero to the E4GT. I'm still finding bits of brain around the house.
    10-24-2011 02:55 PM
    You know, I can't find the ability to change the sound for GMail. I know where it was on my Hero but it doesn't seem to be there. Am I a moron?
    10-24-2011 03:31 PM
    Instruction,
    Open gmail , menu key , (More) ,(Settings) select account which will open up that email setting then select (Labels To Notify) (inbox)
    If for some reason it keeps taking you back to inbox when you select account no worries its a glitch of sorts happens sometimes.
    Close email let device sleep wake it up and follow instruction again you will eventually get into alert setting..
    10-24-2011 04:02 PM
    You know, I can't find the ability to change the sound for GMail. I know where it was on my Hero but it doesn't seem to be there. Am I a moron?
    It's hidden in the "labels to notify" setting inside the gmail settings..

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    10-24-2011 04:13 PM
    Once again, I get to hear my son say "You got more email daddy".

Thanks
    10-25-2011 05:18 AM