Question about vlingo on gs2

richjolliff#AC

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I know we have a version of vlingo on our gs2. Is it the same as the one in market. The stock version I have does not have safe reader. I am wondering if I am missing a setting for safe reader.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
its not the same version, i believe in the GSII its called driving mode?? i just downloaded the market version. i can ask the market version math questions and other off the wall things, the GSII version is limited.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Nice little addition. Seems to be going crazy on the car dock though. My launcher bar apps on the home screen were stacked vertically as if in landscape but were rotated for portrait. A reboot fixed it but that was an awkward few minutes

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
What features does the Market app have that the stock app does not have? Is it just safereader? I have not played around with Vlingo enough to be able to tell the difference.

richjolliff#AC

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems that the market version has a lot more command recognition. As far as turning off stock version, I disabled everything in settings. It still pops on when I connect to car dock or bluetooth. Minor nuisance imop.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I really prefer Vlingo over the stock android voice command for dialing (not accurate at all). I still haven't figured a way to turn off notifications before calling someone in Vlingo for things like missed calls and missed events. That wastes valuable time when wanting to dial someone by name. I just want to call someone, I don't care about missed calls or events at that point - I already know that stuff.