Sorry if already discussed but is there a fix the will allow you to encrypt your epic 4g touch and still retain GPS functionality?
    10-25-2011 09:50 AM
    Chopstick good luck. unless they do update

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 01:47 PM
    I was about to start a new thread for just this topic.

What does "Chopstick good luck" mean? I've never heard the expression.

I'm having the exact same issue at the moment and was wondering if it was a known issue and if there was an official response to it. It seems like something that ought to work.

chmik3b0 and I can't be the only people who need encryption for one reason or another and still want to be able to use the GPS! My Exchange server at work requires encryption, so at this point it's choosing a core functionality (GPS for me) or being able to do work on my device.

Thank you for any information!
    10-26-2011 02:39 PM
    I've been looking around since my last post and I've been unable to find anything about other phones having this issue. Does anyone have a GSII from another carrier/region that they can test encryption+GPS to determine if it's possibly a Sprint issue?
    10-27-2011 04:40 PM
    I called 1-877-392-4252 (Samsung mobile tech) and they said they had received another call about this issue. They elevated the issue and my call to level 3 for whatever that means. I explained that it's on all phones and is a repeatable test. If anyone else wants to call it may help raise the level.
    11-02-2011 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD