GO Locker

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So the team that brought us Go Launcher just released a new lock screen alternative that's integrated into the launcher called GO Locker. For those of you that use Go Launcher, you may want to check it out if you're itching for something new and different.

There are only a few themes available at the moment, and there appears to be ZERO customization options right now (can't even change the wallpaper), but some of the screens are pretty cool. I settled on the "Four key" theme for the time being. Anyhoo, check it out if you're using Go Launcher EX and want a break from Widget Locker, or want a little more than the simple Touch Wiz lockscreen.

I couldn't find it by searching the Market, but you can get it from the Go Store.

Cheers!

Reactions: Samsmalls

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Kool will I actually just changed my kick screen using "lock menu" but its smoking out my battery like a chimney! Plus there's a slight hesitation on power, it allows the stock screen for a split sec...

I was wondering if you have to run "go launcher" to run this locker?

I truly miss the customizable ring direct app unlock on htc evo 3d! have you checked out the galaxy nexus in action yet? I've read that ice cream has this feature included! I really hope they expedite this update to us soon, I don't even like the shape of that phone & it would suck to have to upgrade devices for ice cream & I like my month1/2 old sgsII more.... That is IF SPRINTS included to the ice cream party early.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
No no, wasn't hijacking. I know jay was using widget locker before so wanted to let him know about the ics theme in case he didn't know

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No no, wasn't hijacking. I know jay was using widget locker before so wanted to let him know about the ics theme in case he didn't know

Yep I knew! I ALWAYS KNOW! Okay .. not really, if at all. :p

This was more of a heads up on an alternative. It has its advantages for those looking for a simple and battery minimizing solution, that is set up nicely out of the box. Some people shy away from Widget Locker because they think its a battery drain. I'd never seen noticeable drain using it, but perception is everything.

I'll be back to Widget Locker soon, no doubt about it. I prefer options for customization above all else. But I think this lockscreen has potential, it's nicely integrated into the launcher, and I'd imagine it will only get better ... AND IT'S FREEEEEE! Always a good thing for some.

It's great having more options and choices. That's what Android is all about.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep I knew! I ALWAYS KNOW! Okay .. not really, if at all. :p

This was more of a heads up on an alternative. It has its advantages for those looking for a simple and battery minimizing solution, that is set up nicely out of the box. Some people shy away from Widget Locker because they think its a battery drain. I'd never seen noticeable drain using it, but perception is everything.

I'll be back to Widget Locker soon, no doubt about it. I prefer options for customization above all else. But I think this lockscreen has potential, it's nicely integrated into the launcher, and I'd imagine it will only get better ... AND IT'S FREEEEEE! Always a good thing for some.

It's great having more options and choices. That's what Android is all about.

Yeah, I was joking about the thread hijack, and I second the promoting of different choices and options of features... it always helps to give people different things to choose from (next time I'll remember to add a "j/k" and maybe an "lol" to emphasize...) :p

Well with that being said, would you mind weighing in on some of the differences between the two? I've never used Go Launcher so have no idea about what Go Locker would add to it's functionality. The only other launcher I've used other than TW would be Launcher Pro, and that was only on my E4G. The customization of Widget Locker is wonderful and I'm surprised it took me so long to get on board (just started this past weekend)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well with that being said, would you mind weighing in on some of the differences between the two? I've never used Go Launcher so have no idea about what Go Locker would add to it's functionality. The only other launcher I've used other than TW would be Launcher Pro, and that was only on my E4G. The customization of Widget Locker is wonderful and I'm surprised it took me so long to get on board (just started this past weekend)

Go Launcher is quite similar to Launcher Pro. It's been described as combining the best of ADW and Launcher Pro into one launcher. I've been using it for a few weeks and there are some features above TouchWiz that I really like. It has a decent collection of free themes, but I'd say LPP's themes are better and more robust overall (can't speak for ADW).

GO Locker adds a collection of different lock screens to use instead of the stock lock screen or an alternative to Widget Locker. Go Locker is simple, requires no setup and the lock screens available so far are pretty nice. The big downside right now is there are no customization options at all. With each theme, what you see is what you get. Then again, that could be a good thing for some people. Widget Locker is the better custom lockscreen app, but it takes some time to learn and setup and some people don't have the patience or desire. Go Locker provides easy to implement lockscreens that are nice and work with no setup required.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
So the team that brought us Go Launcher just released a new lock screen alternative that's integrated into the launcher called GO Locker. For those of you that use Go Launcher, you may want to check it out if you're itching for something new and different.

There are only a few themes available at the moment, and there appears to be ZERO customization options right now (can't even change the wallpaper), but some of the screens are pretty cool. I settled on the "Four key" theme for the time being. Anyhoo, check it out if you're using Go Launcher EX and want a break from Widget Locker, or want a little more than the simple Touch Wiz lockscreen.

I couldn't find it by searching the Market, but you can get it from the Go Store.

Cheers!

Man if i would've know ahead of time about this i wouldn't have gotten widget locker and saved 2 bucks oh well can't put a price on the freedom of options. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay