How do I NOT get directed to the mobile version of websites?

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks. Hopefully I can be helped. When I type in a website...for example www.billboard.com; it automatically redirets me to their mobile site and doesnt even give me the option to view the "full", "desktop" or "full desktop" version. So if I always want to view the full/desktop versions of sites that dont even give an option to view it as such...where in settings do I go to make the changes and which settings should I change specifically?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Type "about:useragent" (no quotes) in the stock browser to get a menu of options. However, some sites will still load the mobile version I believe. It's either a bug or Sprint trickery to force people to use less data. Another option would be to use an alternative browser like Opera or Dolphin HD, which have their own settings to handle this.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Once the options show, select desktop. This has worked for me so far. I tested a couple sites that went directly to the mobile site before, and now they go to the classic webpage.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Dolphin HD user... they used to have a browser add-on that would toggle your user agent for you from a "mobile" to a "desktop" setting. Since they've recently upgraded, they've pulled their add-ons in order to upgrade them. I'm hoping they bring it back since it was so helpful, but it definitely did work, so I'm sure that enabling the same type of setting in the stock browser would work as well...

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Firefox with the Phony add-in will allow you to view any site in desktop view including NYT and ESPN.

The problem for me is that you have to use Firefox. Not only is it ugly looking, it's also slow and laggy.

YMMV.

flare576

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
To expand on JayWill72's advice: you may have to clear your cache or explicitly add "www" to the beginning of the URL, especially if you've visited the site before changing the useragent string.

riz518

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't find any setting that I can chose to open all websites in DESKTOP mode... WTH??? I want to open all the web pages in DESKTOP mode....... Should I go with another browser?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of the browser, when I zoom on this browser, my page doesn't auto adjust to fit the screen and the text doesn't get bigger.... another setting?

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't find any setting that I can chose to open all websites in DESKTOP mode... WTH??? I want to open all the web pages in DESKTOP mode....... Should I go with another browser?

As JayWill72 stated: Type "about:useragent" (no quotes) in the stock browser to get a menu of options. A popup screen should appear with a list of options. I stated: Select desktop. I believe "desktop" is at the very beginning of the list, and you might have to scroll up to see it. Then clear cache and cookies. Close browser and reopen. You should now be able to go directly to regular websites, not a mobile version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm