Any idea why the Hulu Plus App is not compatible with this phone?

I just switched over from an EVO4G and I'm missing my mornings of watching Hulu while riding in to work.
    10-25-2011 11:27 PM
    I had it on my EVO 3D and was wondering the same thing my self.
    From their website. Officially these devices are supported.
    G2
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC Evo 4G
    HTC Flyer tablet
    HTC Incredible 2
    HTC Inspire 4G
    HTC MyTouch 4G
    HTC Sensation
    HTC Thunderbolt
    LG Revolution
    LG G2x
    Motorola Atrix
    Motorola Droid II
    Motorola Droid III
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid X2
    Nexus One
    Nexus S
    Vizio 8-inch tablet
    With More coming soon.
    10-26-2011 09:45 AM
    Funny, the only Samsung device in that list is the Nexus S.
    10-27-2011 02:20 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I was wondering what was going on when I tried to view a Hulu video and it wouldn't work. I thought it was a browser issue.
    10-27-2011 03:34 PM
    Nope, not supported on the Epic 4G Touch. Hulu hasn't said anything about it.
    11-01-2011 04:38 AM
    I emailed support shortly after my first post and they got back to me with the standard, were working to update and expand our list of supported devices message.
    Please be patient.
    I will email them back in a few weeks.
    It was not to long after the EVO 3D was released that support for that phone was made available.
    I am not holding my breath though. It seems as if Samsung is not well represented on the list.
    11-01-2011 08:42 AM
    Forget about Hulu Plus! install dolphin browser and set UA string to desktop, make sure you have Flash 10.3 or above installed and then use dolphin to hulu and there you go! no $7.99!
    wushugene likes this.
    11-02-2011 10:40 AM
    As far as I know, that does not work unless you're rooted and running a hacked version of Flash. I tried on my unrooted ET, and it doesn't work.
    11-02-2011 11:05 AM
    Hey, cool stuff! Hope Hulu adds us, but in the meantime, at least we have an alternative.
    11-02-2011 11:09 AM
    Forget about Hulu Plus! install dolphin browser and set UA string to desktop, make sure you have Flash 10.3 or above installed and then use dolphin to hulu and there you go! no $7.99!
    This also does not allow you to forgo paying the monthly fee for HuluPlus content.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-02-2011 11:46 AM
    I still prefer the app. to each his / her own.
    I like to use the app and take advantage of my MHL cable and stuff being properly formatted.
    11-02-2011 04:31 PM
    I was using the hacked 10.3 "hulified" on my Evo and was pretty pleased with it. No $7.99 thank you very much. However when I upgraded to the GS2E4GT, the hacked 10.3 would not work.
    I uninstalled the stock flash, then installed the hacked version, but I would get the usual message from Hulu saying they don't support mobile. DAMN. I also tried setting the UA to desktop in Google, but on this phone there is no way to do that I can find. What Now? But then someone I know had mentioned that they use Dolphin and could set the UA string to "desktop". So I tried it and works. I am rooted (having definite issues with that BTW), but am not using a modified flash, just Flash 11 of the market.
    Watched The Good Wife yesterday and it worked perfectly.
    11-04-2011 09:15 AM
    I was using the hacked 10.3 "hulified" on my Evo and was pretty pleased with it. No $7.99 thank you very much. However when I upgraded to the GS2E4GT, the hacked 10.3 would not work.
    I uninstalled the stock flash, then installed the hacked version, but I would get the usual message from Hulu saying they don't support mobile. DAMN. I also tried setting the UA to desktop in Google, but on this phone there is no way to do that I can find. What Now? But then someone I know had mentioned that they use Dolphin and could set the UA string to "desktop". So I tried it and works. I am rooted (having definite issues with that BTW), but am not using a modified flash, just Flash 11 of the market.
    Watched The Good Wife yesterday and it worked perfectly.
    Thats weird cause I am rooted, flash 11'ed (stock), UA=desktop (Dolphin HD), an still get the device not supported pop-up.
    11-09-2011 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD