$99.22 Sprint bill? 79bucks my ***

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
in Texas? U must have more than one line.

I knew Cali would tax me, but it was still a little surprise.

I have 3 lines, 2 with the premium data add on, 2 with insurance, and mobile hotspot on one line. Its just over $200. (Note: I have a corporate discount, which is why I have all those extras and its still only $200)

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I take it back. Wasn't the taxes. They are under 6bucks.

Sprint charged me 4.82 for spending limit. 4.99 for another spending limit. Then 3.85 surcharge. Interesting

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol don't forget about that good old premium data charge, & insurance! I've always thought co. should ad. With tax, but 79.99 sounds so close to $60 bucks rightttt... Marketing! lol

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah that spending limit is BS. They want to have access to your bank account to remove that fee.
I am on the 59.99 plan and always take my sweet time paying them. If they are going to hit me up for fees like that i make them earn it.

Then every month or so i get on chat and complain about the fees and make someone ear the money they take from me.
yeah i said take from me. I have no problem paying a monthly fee, no problem paying a 10 additional usage data fee, some problem with all the crap regulatory fees, and a huge problem with a fee for 5 bucks because i will not give them access to my bank account.
At least thats how they explained it to me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't they usually take the spending limit off after you have been with them for a while? I think the spending limit only gets tacked on if you had not so great credit and had to pay a deposit. When I started my company, it obviously had no credit history so I had to pay the deposit which was paid back to me. After being with them for a while and being in good standing, the spending limit was removed. I did sign up for paperless billing and for automatic payments though.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You can call them up and have them explain the bill to you. But it sounds about right. I'am on the family plan with a 19% job discount. the discounts are taken off the plan price not the total bill. So at then end I'm paying around $160. I'm still paying for my E4GT so my bill is still reflecting that. On my next bill i should be on my normal payments.
I know they give you like 5 bucks off for auto payments.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol don't forget about that good old premium data charge, & insurance! I've always thought co. should ad. With tax, but 79.99 sounds so close to $60 bucks rightttt... Marketing! lol

So here's an interesting story.

My wife's craptactular phone finally died on her yesterday (fell apart, poor thing was devastated; and my wife was pretty sad too :D:p) and I gave her my old Pre that I still had lying around. She needed to upgrade her plan since her old phone did not have data billed, so she was on the phone with the CSR who told her about the $10 extra data plan. She asked me about it so I got on the phone with the dude and inquired myself. It may have been my own lack of knowledge, but I thought the $10 "premium" data add on only applied to phones with 4G capability (as all of us who are EVO, Epic, Photon, and the various other type owners are well aware of). Well he explained to me that I was wrong, and that the "premium" add-on applied to a group of phones that Sprint predesignates as having the ability to access internet and use data in a way that they deem applicable for the premium data service. He explained that initially, the $10 add on was only for the higher-end phones, but Sprint changed that and expanded it to a wider variety of data-capable smart phones on their network. It seemed a little strange and frankly ridiculous to me that her plan includes the same premium data overage that mine does and her Pre will have nowhere near the data capabilities of my E4GT, but hey, Sprint makes their changes like this and we just have to fall in line and adapt and overcome I guess...

Whatever may be will be...:confused:

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I called them. I knew what the 4.99 was for. BUt there was another 4.82 charge for the same service. Apparently they didn't want to add it to my first bill, so they put it on the 2nd. They didn't want to add another 4.82 on top of the $134 amount they charged me on the 1st bill. And since I didn't have the phone for a full month, it was only 4.82 instead of 4.99 for last month. So they were helping me. thanx Sprint. LOL

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
They changed the $10 data plan from only 4G phones, to all smart phones and higher data using phones earlier this year...

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
also what's crazy is that I'm not even near the limit of $150. And how can I surpass it when I have unlimited data, text, and can call other mobile phones?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
why would anyone use sprint.. they have the WORST customer service. The lamest upgrade timetables.. and the worst service of probably all major carriers (if you can even consider them a major carrier).

My twin brother, and a few friends are die hard sprint fans.. which makes no sense considering he doesnt even get signal in his house.. or in the town he lives in.. you can lead a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.. I've persuaded him to switch before but he simply wont.. even after telling me about customer service nightmares.

I had customer service nightmares of my own like 10 years ago.. and I quickly dropped sprint.

The icing on the cake was back a year ago or so when they dropped a few thousand customers simply for complaining to customer service to much.. really sprint? really?

Customers dont spend their time on the line with customer service dealing with issues for the fun of it.. they are trying to get something resolved.. and Sprint simply is horrible at resolving issues.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
the 5 dollar fee is easy, just make it autopay on your credit card, thats what i did...

Usually the first bill is high, 99 is right, after my that, my 2nd bill is 78 dollars with taxes with TEP :) gotta love 20% discounts!

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint because I play Dungeon and Dragons with two Sprint engineers. I was supposed to be on a referral discount plan, but I found out I save 23% just because of who I work for. I've did a couple Google searches and found out lots of companies have discounts with cell phone providers and you just need to call to find out.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't they usually take the spending limit off after you have been with them for a while? I think the spending limit only gets tacked on if you had not so great credit and had to pay a deposit. When I started my company, it obviously had no credit history so I had to pay the deposit which was paid back to me. After being with them for a while and being in good standing, the spending limit was removed. I did sign up for paperless billing and for automatic payments though.

Nope originally had sprint in 8/2001, then around 2004 it was changed to a new employee type of account.
I was working for a Sprint Service and Repair Center.
Then when the EVO 4G came out i got one. But their system couldnt keep me with the same plan. So i lost it, kept the same account type but not the same plan. It was only about 6 months after that that they had some policy change, if you dont have auto billing or bank account linked up then you are charged a $4.99 fee. When i initially saw this i tried to fight it but the reps, phone and online chat all said the same thing. Do auto pay with CC or bank account and we drop it, or you pay your self and we keep it.
Had nothing to do with credit since i have had an account for several years with them. I feel its another way to make extra money. An unnecessary fee. that or i am paying for all of the dead beats who sign up and never pay. So as a result its like a freaking insurance policy. I pay 5 bucks a month to cover thier rear in the event one day i stop paying.. i guess.. who knows..
i dont TRUST large corporations with any automatic billing. Its too easy for them to make a mistake. Then it takes for ever to get your money back. Even if the mistake is quickly found getting money back can take a while.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
why would anyone use sprint.. they have the WORST customer service. The lamest upgrade timetables.. and the worst service of probably all major carriers (if you can even consider them a major carrier).

My twin brother, and a few friends are die hard sprint fans.. which makes no sense considering he doesnt even get signal in his house.. or in the town he lives in.. you can lead a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.. I've persuaded him to switch before but he simply wont.. even after telling me about customer service nightmares.

I had customer service nightmares of my own like 10 years ago.. and I quickly dropped sprint.

The icing on the cake was back a year ago or so when they dropped a few thousand customers simply for complaining to customer service to much.. really sprint? really?

Customers dont spend their time on the line with customer service dealing with issues for the fun of it.. they are trying to get something resolved.. and Sprint simply is horrible at resolving issues.

Worst customer service? I have had good dealings with them recently. Years ago it was not so good but they have done some cleaning in that department.
Lamest upgrade timetables? Do you remember that thing called an EVO 4G. Got some pretty fast upgrades. Also you might want to keep in mind that upgrades come from manufacturers first, then carriers get to make changes. Great example. With Sprint, HTC gets updates pretty fast, Samsung, not so much. Think EPIC.. LOL

As for the rest of your comments. Its all opinions. There is a reason why we have several major carriers, if you dont like one go to another. I am happy with Sprint.
My work phone is ATT. I have a rule. If i need to make an important call and i dont want it to drop, i use my Sprint phone. But thats just me.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Worst customer service? I have had good dealings with them recently. Years ago it was not so good but they have done some cleaning in that department.
Lamest upgrade timetables? Do you remember that thing called an EVO 4G. Got some pretty fast upgrades. Also you might want to keep in mind that upgrades come from manufacturers first, then carriers get to make changes. Great example. With Sprint, HTC gets updates pretty fast, Samsung, not so much. Think EPIC.. LOL

As for the rest of your comments. Its all opinions. There is a reason why we have several major carriers, if you dont like one go to another. I am happy with Sprint.
My work phone is ATT. I have a rule. If i need to make an important call and i dont want it to drop, i use my Sprint phone. But thats just me.

No.. I was actually refering to their upgrades as in buying a new phone.. if you are a customer long enough they blow some smoke up your back end and call you a premier customer and offer "annual" upgrades.. but they HOSE you with the cost of the phone.. and almost always make you do some sort of mail in rebate.

At the same time my brother was bragging about being some premier Sprint customer for being with them for 7 years.. he had to pay 300 upfront for his Epic 4g and wait a decent while for some mail in rebate crap.. at the same time as a new customer with zero rep with Verizon.. I am getting 2 Fascinates for 2 cents...

Fact of the matter is they have no history of being liberal with early upgrades like Verizon has, or even AT&T in some cases.

My customer experience issues with them are from long ago.. and I'm pretty sure they were using an India call center.

My brothers issues are old, and recent.. and the dropping of their customers for "complaining to much" wasnt to long ago.

Even you yourself.. in the few posts I have read of yours explain how bad their customer service is even as your defending it.. I would simply be disgusted to the point I would have to cancel my service if they thought it was legit to charge customers 5.00 fee a month simply because they arent signed up for automatic billing??? are you kidding me ??

Ive paid every single Verizon bill well before the due date.. because I'm a happy customer.. you seem to make them have to work to get it from you.. because you are an UNHAPPY customer.. if the customer isnt happy.. well then customer service isnt cutting it.

I have called verizon with petty issues several times.. I was granted a 80 dollar credit simply for complaining about a coverage issue (which I blew out of proportion slightly.. but still the fact is they were extremely courtesy and were willing to do whatever they had to do to make sure I was happy)

SPRINT DOES NOT DO THIS.

they advertise 79.99 unlimited everything.. yet add 9.99 to almost every smart phone at this point.. thats pretty sad. The company has been doing horrible for a long time and now they have completely dropped wimax.. I cant imagine why anyone is sticking with this company unless either of these situations is present:

1. they burnt their bridges with every other carrier.
2. sprint is the only carrier available in their area.