I've checked all of my settings and my gmail app is just plain flaky. It rarely ever has mail pushed to it and even a manual sync is iffy-at-best.

Anyone else having problems or figured out some kind of a solution? Or is there even a way to troubleshoot this?
    10-26-2011 09:59 AM
    Maybe go to Manage Applications, force close Gmail, clear data then uninstall. Download it from the market, re-install and set up your account again. Otherwise, is this happening all the time or only at certain times? If it's only certain times, it could be a data connectivity issue.

My Gmail pushes almost instantly. I've had no issues with it at all.
    10-26-2011 11:27 AM
    I've checked all of my settings and my gmail app is just plain flaky. It rarely ever has mail pushed to it and even a manual sync is iffy-at-best.

Anyone else having problems or figured out some kind of a solution? Or is there even a way to troubleshoot this?
    Posted a few days ago... at least you're not the only one I guess (glass half full?)

Gmail issues

Oh, and **edit**

My gmail syncs reliably as well... sometimes it's instantly, sometimes it's a few minutes after it should, but nevertheless, it's definitely working as it should at the moment
    10-26-2011 11:33 AM
    Is Background Data/Auto-Sync being enabled required?
    10-26-2011 12:14 PM
    Is Background Data/Auto-Sync being enabled required?
    Oddly enough, this was my problem! The weird part is that I never disabled auto-sync/background data. When I read your message I was like... OF COURSE THIS IS CHECKED OR I WOULDN"T EVEN POST HERE... and then I went and checked.

Mouth. Foot. Thanks for "fixing" my phone!
    10-26-2011 04:17 PM
    It's that dang priority inbox garbage. there was an update that made it so priority inbox got pushed right away and non priority took it's fat time

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 05:17 PM
    Hi,

I'm glad you got the problem fixed.

But I would like to ask why you would want 'push' turned on.

Why not just check your mail once an hour or if you need it a little shorter.

Doesn't using 'push' drain your battery?

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 10:00 PM
    Push should (theoretically) use less battery than pull.

I'm getting 16-18 hours off a charge right now so I'm not too stressed about extending my battery life any further, even if the pull does use slightly more battery (which, again, it shouldn't.)
    10-26-2011 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD