When selecting the Android market app icon to go into the market...it either 1.) does a constant loop against a gray screen that shows that looping circle spinning round and round until it FINALLY loads; or 2.) says connection timeout retry.

Anyone else experiencing this and why is it happening?
    10-26-2011 03:00 PM
    I've had it happen a few times and also have had the server time out when I tried to download or update an app. I believe it's because the Market servers get overloaded which is understandable considering over 500,000 new android devices are activated daily. Sometimes you just have to wait and try again later.
    10-26-2011 03:16 PM
    I just usually go to Market.android.com and send it to my phone.
    popularbelief likes this.
    10-26-2011 05:34 PM
    YES!!! VERY frustrating.....so much so that I looked for alternatives and googled the issue - there is an alternative market.apk somewhere (downloaded from my phone, sorry no link......) and it seemed to help (on my Evo last week) -- I hadn't had issues on the Epic Touch until yesterday and it finally force closes, then it will open again. Also, everytime I open the market I get an error and then I can open it. Appbrain is the same way (since it loads the market pages) - so I tried clearing data and cache and it seemed to help. I have three gmail accounts on my phone and if one of them is slow to load, I will use another and it will load instantly... I wondered if it was related. Still not sure what's going on because it's intermittent.
    10-26-2011 06:46 PM
    I also have a YouTube update and it says it's not compatible with my phone! WTF.......
    10-26-2011 06:50 PM
    I use Appbrain and Appbrain installer . It allows you to direct install app skipping the market trip

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 07:46 PM
    The new market in general is a complete disaster. On my OG Evo, Evo3d and E4GT its slow, bloated and often times out loading or downloading. Wifi or not.
    10-26-2011 07:58 PM
    I have this problem whether on WiFi or 3G. Never had the problem on my Evo.

Annoying nonetheless.
    10-26-2011 08:32 PM
    I have this problem on my Evo. ...I think all Android phones with the new Market have this problem.
    10-26-2011 10:14 PM
    Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it hangs. I just live with it... Although it seems to be a problem with the newer versions of market.

Sent from my EVO3D using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 10:22 PM
    This is some nice feedback folks. Comforting to know I'm not the only oje expe to riencing the delay with connecting to android market...and sometime either not being able to connect at all. It gets unnerving hearing people say they aren't experiencing issues with accessing android market from their devices...but yet here I am (and apparently many others; experiencing as hangups with it).

My brother has the EVO 3D and when he and I did a test side by side accessing market...his accessed it instantly whereas my looped against a solid gray background for a couple of secs before finally pulling up.

It's kinda embarrassing when showing off this spankin new device and boasting about Android OS over iOS when it has hangups like this even accessing the market of all things!!
    t
    10-26-2011 10:54 PM
    I also have a YouTube update and it says it's not compatible with my phone! WTF.......
    Mine says the same thing. WTF indeed. It's already on my freaking device so how is it not compatible with my device. Hey EVO Girl. Maybe you should change your user name to Galaxy Girl. It has a nice ring to it.
    10-27-2011 02:46 AM
    Mine says the same thing. WTF indeed. It's already on my freaking device so how is it not compatible with my device. Hey EVO Girl. Maybe you should change your user name to Galaxy Girl. It has a nice ring to it.
    Orrrrr perhaps evo"girl" isn't even a girl...but says so to garner responses and some quick help/feedback ;-).

Do you guys think with the whole android market load time inconsisitency that this is on the carrier side of things, hardware specific side of things (i.e. the Epic 4G Touch) or what??

I mean I understand one user mentioned it might be because of he sheer number of android devices/activations accessing the market at the same time thats causing the hangups...thats plausible; but then why does my brother's/friends/coworkers phones access android market almost instantaneously whereas with mine it often doesnt?
    10-27-2011 08:40 AM
    I use Appbrain and Appbrain installer . It allows you to direct install app skipping the market trip

+1 on AppBrain. I don't use the Installer, but I use the regular app to keep track of all of my app updates; it definitely helps when the Android Market is acting wonky or when you need to keep an updated list of all of your downloaded apps after flashing or wiping your device.
    10-27-2011 09:54 AM
    +1 on AppBrain. I don't use the Installer, but I use the regular app to keep track of all of my app updates; it definitely helps when the Android Market is acting wonky or when you need to keep an updated list of all of your downloaded apps after flashing or wiping your device.
    What's the difference between appbrain installer and appbrain??

I just downloaded the appbrain app.
    10-27-2011 10:14 AM
    What's the difference between appbrain installer and appbrain??

I just downloaded the appbrain app.
    (Appbrain) shows apps directing you to market for install..it also gives sync option backup.
    Download (Appbrain installer) on top of that and you will no longer be taken to market, install can be made directly from (appbrain)

10-27-2011 12:14 PM
    I like it! I actually already looked up how to do that and I think it requires administration to do it, lol

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    10-27-2011 01:17 PM
    All girl, darlin...

As I mentioned before, the market loaded right up for me when I switched accounts so I wondered if it was related to me having multiple market accounts (by accident)

10-27-2011 01:19 PM
    (Appbrain) shows apps directing you to market for install..it also gives sync option backup.
    Download (Appbrain installer) on top of that and you will no longer be taken to market, install can be made directly from (appbrain)

Are you referring to the fast web installer? And that means you're installing from a computer?

10-27-2011 01:20 PM
    I've had this happen to me a few times. I know my internet connection is ok because I can go to Amazons Marketplace and surf the web without any problems. My solution was just to power off and on, and the problem always disappears after the re-boot. (At least for me)
    10-28-2011 08:00 PM
    Are you referring to the fast web installer? And that means you're installing from a computer?

Yes fast web installer and no it has nothing to do with PC.
    Install that on device on top of Appbrain and you will get direct download skipping market.
    Installer App gives Appbrain option to download app from market & direct install as seen in screen shot below
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-28-2011 08:34 PM
    Mine wont connect either ..but somone out there is just perfect I bet.. lol
    10-30-2011 03:57 PM
    I have this problem with a lot of apps that connect to the internet. I will have a good wifi connection and then the market doesnt load. what i do is task kill it and start it again and that usually solves the problem. It happens a lot with words with friends and hanging with friends too. A lot of times I have found out that if you just shut wifi off or restart you end up having better luck as well. I hate having to do this to my phone. I know if I go to sprint they wont get to see the annoying problem i have with all my interenet connected apps. I def think there is something wrong with wifi with this phone. I get a lot of signal loss when i hold it.
    10-31-2011 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD