Resize/Move -- WHAT IS THIS?

wotan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times now and I have no idea what it means... I'll describe it the best I can.

The screen will go blurry and there will be a dark overlay over it -- you can still see and interact with the screen but you can't make anything out -- in the foreground at the bottom of the screen are the words RESIZE and MOVE each with little errors next to them. There's also a red line in the foreground. You can't click on any of the arrows or the RESIZE/MOVE text. The back button or menu buttons won't exit out of this mode and it is even still there after the lock screen. I've ended up just leaving the phone alone and 10-30 minutes later it goes away.... What the heck is this?!

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times now and I have no idea what it means... I'll describe it the best I can.

The screen will go blurry and there will be a dark overlay over it -- you can still see and interact with the screen but you can't make anything out -- in the foreground at the bottom of the screen are the words RESIZE and MOVE each with little errors next to them. There's also a red line in the foreground. You can't click on any of the arrows or the RESIZE/MOVE text. The back button or menu buttons won't exit out of this mode and it is even still there after the lock screen. I've ended up just leaving the phone alone and 10-30 minutes later it goes away.... What the heck is this?!

I'm guessing you mean little arrows?

Maybe something crazy is going on with your resize and move widget ability on the home screens?

What launcher are you using? Stock TouchWiz?

wotan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you mean little arrows?

Maybe something crazy is going on with your resize and move widget ability on the home screens?

What launcher are you using? Stock TouchWiz?

Yep. Stock touchwiz. I've never been able to get this menu to come up on purpose.... When I long press a widget there isn't a resize/move graphic that comes up at all, it just lets me drag it around.

tomkind80

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ive had it pop up a few times on this and my old EVO 4G as well. I think it's from an app called Wave Launcher. I love that app, use it all the time, but Im not sure what that resize/move thing does. Do you have Wave Launcher installed?

wotan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out accidentally... It's a calibration screen for WaveLauncher. Like this app (I'm a Palm Pre refuge) and there's a way to disable this from ever coming back.

wotan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Ive had it pop up a few times on this and my old EVO 4G as well. I think it's from an app called Wave Launcher. I love that app, use it all the time, but Im not sure what that resize/move thing does. Do you have Wave Launcher installed?

Yep! This was it... When you go under the "calibration" option on wavelauncher it brings this up and you can adjust the "gesture" area.... I couldn't get it to come up on purpose so I just disabled that feature (you were supposed to long click on the gesture area to pull up the calibration mode.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12