12-03-2011 12:52 PM
93 ... 234
tools
    Yeah im not to happy with the Desktop Dock since the phone does not fit and it take me almost a minute just to put it in place and plug the charger back on its a pain
    The Car Dock fits better on the phone since I bought two bundles i ended up selling the two desktop cradles to a buddy at work since he has an inufse 4g and I kept both Car Docks now i have one at my desk next to the monitor perfect eye level and one above my bed hanging looking down easier to see the time and to turn off the DAMN ALARM in the morning
    11-15-2011 12:04 PM
    I was able to pick the set up a couple of hours ago. The deal is still going on in case anyone was still interested. I'm very excited to have a car dock for GPS purposes. I'm having some trouble finding the Samsung car app though.
    11-15-2011 01:29 PM
    I was able to pick the set up a couple of hours ago. The deal is still going on in case anyone was still interested. I'm very excited to have a car dock for GPS purposes. I'm having some trouble finding the Samsung car app though.
    Search for Galaxy Sound Dock Redirector. It's a third party app that works with both docks
    joshrocker likes this.
    11-16-2011 12:36 AM
    The deal is still on, I just picked mine up an hour ago for $19. 09 in New Orleans.
    11-17-2011 12:34 PM
    Just ordered a set from the ATT store in Florence, KY.

What you need to do is have them do a direct fulfillment order. They were a little confused, and at first told me that they could not do an order like that without an ATT account, but they figured it out.

Give them SKU 74991, and 74965.

Total out the door for me was $18.56.
    11-17-2011 03:11 PM
    And you can have them add the battery power pack for only an extra $5 too! Great for a backup battery source.
    11-19-2011 12:23 PM
    Although this is a great deal, I love my car and desktop adapter for $6 including shipping. I am smiling more and have the extra $12 to buy 2 batteries and charger. I did have to wait for 8 days.
    11-20-2011 08:02 AM
    Thanks for the tip!
    11-20-2011 08:53 AM
    I just got this same deal last Friday (11/18) at an AT&T store in Austin, near Lakeline Mall.

Same experience as everyone else -- reps had no idea what I was talking about, but it rang up $18.56. I got two sets -- one for the wife and one for me. I did have to order them (none in stock) but they were shipped free of charge and all arrived today. The sales manager had no issues with me not being an AT&T customer or that I heard about it in online forums...
    11-22-2011 11:25 PM
    Hi guys,

I did tell you that I have both versions, the original from Samsung and this $18 version.

They are not exactly the same as I discovered.

And one point that I am concerned with is the USB port, it's just little bit off on the $18 version, so be careful when connecting to the phone.

Also, it's not exactly bringing up the car driving mode, sometimes it connects as an MTP device and not the car mode.

The original smoothly connects to the USB port when you close the mount to the phone and lock it in.

The phone always goes into the car mode when connected to the original, this does not happen with the $18 version.

Just be careful!

Rob

PS There are some minor design differences that don't really mean that much, but I am concerned with the fit when connecting, that is my main issue in giving everyone this warning.

I will try and put together a video showing the design differences if anyone is really interested.
    11-22-2011 11:42 PM
    is this deal still going on?
    11-23-2011 07:37 PM
    is this deal still going on?
    The "$18 Buck Bundle" at AT&T is Alive & Well... I just picked up my package (in stock) today! I loved the reaction of the entire store staff when the two docks rang up for a total of $18 bucks, as they had zero idea that this promo package exists!

On a related note... I've seen a number of people posting that the Infuse 4G Desk Dock is too tight for the Epic 4G Touch, which concerned me. However, while it is snug, I'm finding docking and undocking the phone from the Desk dock to be quite smooth and effortless.

For additional clarification (and possible feedback from others), I'm finding that the my GS2 immediately enters "Driving Mode" (from Vlingo ?) when I dock it in the car. I'm also finding that my GS2 is immediately entering a docked mode when I connect it to the Desk Dock. Therefore, I'm thinking there is no need to download any additional docking software from the Market, as it appears to be built into the phone. However, if someone feels there is benefit to installing additional docking software in the GS2, please respond to this post with your input and recommendations.

One final point on the Car Dock audio... Some users are stating the Audio Out is not working with the Car Dock. However, all you need to do is go into your phone's Settings, then go to Dock Settings, then check the only item there, which is "Audio Output Mode"... Now, you should be in business. For some reason, the Desk Dock Home Screen provides an Icon to toggle between the two Audio Options, while you need to set this manually when docked in the car.

In summary, this bundle is a STEAL for $18 bucks! If you have a Sprint Epic 4G Touch, don't hesitate to go pick one up at your local AT&T store today... and enjoy the bonus of their shocked faces when they have to ring up this killler deal... and then top it off by telling them "I don't have an AT&T account" when they ask... Priceless!
    joker42179 likes this.
    11-26-2011 05:04 PM
    Got this deal yesterday at ATT-great deal. Wish I knew about the battery! I downloaded the apps from the market but when I dock in the desk or car mount, nothing happens. I have to select manually. I guess this is good. There are nothing but complaints in the reviews on the market that the apps lock your phone to them till undocked. They are not very impressive apps anyway.
    11-28-2011 10:48 PM
    Just got mine. I had to try two stores as the guy at the first store could not fine a car dock for the Infuse. He even insisted that they never made one. I called another store here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He at first told me there was no way to get all three accessories at that price. I asked him to ring it up and sure enough got that price. I ran up to the store and the sales associates there could not believe the deal that I got. I think I may sell the battery pack as it kind of covers up some of the camera.
    11-29-2011 08:49 PM
    Bang biscuit! Went in and gave them my wife's number (I don't have ATT) and it worked! Of course the employee was surprised it did. Go now!
    11-30-2011 04:24 PM
    I'm going right now. I tried an AT&T store last night - they had practically next to nothing in the store. I'm surprised they even sold phones. So much real estate....bare and wasted!

To get the battery, is there something I should mention? Anyone? Power - bundle? Thanks!
    12-01-2011 12:49 PM
    I was able to get the dock and car mount at one store, but they didn't have the battery case (only $5 more!). So I went to another store that had the case, returned the dock and car mount to them...then re-bought the whole package again for just $24!

It took a bit of wrangling, but something that would have cost me about $140 is worth one extra stop on my way home to save over $100.
    12-01-2011 05:52 PM
    I checked out 2 Corporate AT&T stores - both had sent their stock back to AT&T. 1 of them said all of the corporate stores in Pittsburgh had to send them back by Monday, Dec 5th due to EOL. Not sure how much I believed it because they tried to tell me they had another Galaxy S II coming to AT&T - the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch !!!! (uhhh) Anyways, she mentioned the Samsung salesguy dropped some pamphlets off and when I checked out the differences (between the skyrocket etc.) i realized she was confused and he dropped the Sprint version of the pamphlet off. Anyways...

I have one more corporate store to check out. This is unfortunate for me because I was going to buy 3 of each and 2 batteries for gifts....

Anyway to order this online, by any chance?
    12-03-2011 12:52 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD