Great deal: Samsung Desktop Dock & Car Mount for $18

kh4fun

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to pickup the deal on all three items last night. I told the sales guy I heard there was a deal on this bundle. He rang it up and was shocked. He showed it to several other employees while finishing the sale. I told him I saw the deal on a message board. One guy said "Wow. Wish I could find deals like this on a message board". One guy said "I wish I knew about this. I have that phone and could use them at that price". Thanks guys for letting others know about this deal!

cosmoworks

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from the AT&T store and picked up the car and desktop dock. Same story with the sales people getting shocked over the price. At first the sales person kept insisting that the price was higher than then deal, but I asked him to "just humor me and ring it up", then his jaw dropped when he saw the price and acknowledged that he had no idea.

They didn't have the battery case in stock though, and he offered to try to "direct fill" the case, and tried to get me the same bundled price but ship the battery case directly to me. But the system wouldn't let him do it without a manager adjusting the price of the case to $5.01, which the manager was not willing to do.

Moral of the story is, it works if they have the items in stock. Even if the sales person tells you it will cost way more, just ask them to ring it up anyways. Most likely someone will get sticker shock, and it's not going to be you! ;)

sjl330

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today. And the manager kept saying no way was all 3 items that cheap. The only way I could get all 3 for the Power Bundle price was to order all of them and have them shipped to my house. They were ALL in shock!! And none of them even knew what a Power Bundle was. Also, they asked for my phone number and I said, "oh, I don't have an AT&T phone". She kind of looked at me funny and I said it was a gift. Which it is.....FOR ME!!

Thanks to the OP for sharing this great deal with all of us.

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up two bundles yesterday having them shipped to my house and it was the same story at the ATT Store they dont believe you untill you tell them ring it up

now does anyone have pictures showing their Epic 4g Touch (SPH-D710) on the Desktop charger & Car Mount Kit?

Last edited:

stevieq

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I picked up two bundles yesterday having them shipped to my house and it was the same story at the ATT Store they dont believe you untill you tell them ring it up

now does anyone have pictures showing their Epic 4g Touch (SPH-D710) on the Desktop charger & Car Mount Kit?

I don't have any pictures but it is a very tight fit. As others in the thread have mentioned the phone won't fit into the dock with any type of case on it.

For now I have no case for my phone so that isn't a problem for me. I have been very happy with the desktop dock, I haven't used the car dock yet but it seems like it will be very useful when trying to use GPS to go somewhere.

sjl330

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I received my order today. That was FAST!! The battery pack was B/O but it's been shipped now so no worry.

Question: Do I need to install a separate program on the phone to utilize the car dock or desk dock to it's fullest potential? I've hooked the phone up to both already and they both seem to work so I was just wondering. I really thought it would be more voice activated than it is? But maybe I expected too much. And sometimes my bluetooth doesn't respond to my voice. And then I have to end up "tapping and speaking" anyway. I have 2 bluetooths, both Jabras. One is a car speaker type and one is in my ear. I've never used BT before so I'm not sure I'm doing it right either. Sorry, I kind of mixed two subjects in this post. But TIA for any help.

stevieq

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Can someone reccomend a good docking app for the car dock?

When I plug the phone into the desktop dock there is a pretty good app that opens up, but nothing happens when I plug in the car one and the market won't let me download the suggested samsung car dock apps as they say my phone isn't supported.

I'm not a programmer or anything so I don't have the ability to try to change my device ID or anything like that. I was hoping someone might be able to provide the link to an app I can download and use in the car.

Thanks in advance.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Car Home Ultra is the best one I found. It has some cool features. Check out the screenshots in the Market. If you use any Car Home app, I recommend adding the Car Mode app. It will make your phone ring through the phone's speaker instead of your car stereo speakers. A good thing if you are streaming music through bluetooth or a cassette adapter and have the volume cranked when your phone rings.

If you don't want all the bells and whistles, search the Market for Galaxy Sound Dock Redirector. It's an alternative for the two Samsung dock apps and will work with both docks but doesn't allow you to use the speakerphone on the desktop dock. Not a big deal to me because the speaker is on the back of the dock anyway.

I just got my battery pack case delivered and there are some issues with it. The hump on the back of our phones is apparently bigger or extends higher up the back of the phone than the the one on the Infuse 4g. The bottom of the phone doesn't fit into the case properly. Also, the rear camera and speaker on the E4GT are in not in the same locations as the Infuse 4g. The camera is useable but the case is really close to the flash so I doubt if it would work well. Part of the rear speaker is covered by the case as well.

Demosthenes9

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone reccomend a good docking app for the car dock?

When I plug the phone into the desktop dock there is a pretty good app that opens up, but nothing happens when I plug in the car one and the market won't let me download the suggested samsung car dock apps as they say my phone isn't supported.

I'm not a programmer or anything so I don't have the ability to try to change my device ID or anything like that. I was hoping someone might be able to provide the link to an app I can download and use in the car.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, a car dock app SHOULD launch automatically, just the way the Home dock app did. I'm willing to bet that the USB plug isn't going in all the way.

If you are in portraint orientation, just push the bottom of the dock up and make sure that everything is snug.

I ran into this a couple of times when putting my phone in the dock.

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah im not to happy with the Desktop Dock since the phone does not fit and it take me almost a minute just to put it in place and plug the charger back on its a pain :(

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah im not to happy with the Desktop Dock since the phone does not fit and it take me almost a minute just to put it in place and plug the charger back on its a pain :(

Someone else reamed theirs out with a Dremel. It came out pretty good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the same thing. It is a bit too tight, so shouldn't take too much to make it fit better. Will post pics if/when I get around to actually doing the job.

dragonladyRN

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to the person who PM'd me on 11-07, about the desk top, I am too new to PM you back, so I'm trying to post two more times, lol! But I LOVE my car dock, keeps my phone in a perfect, user-friendly place. I don't use any of the car dock software, just linked to my car bluetooth for talking/music, works fine.

Need one more post, after this, in order to reply...sorry!

dragonladyRN

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
To drewsg:

I paid $18.60 for both, so anything reasonable will be accepted. Where are you located, for shipping purposes? Sorry to be answering so publicly, but hopefully, now I will be able to PM back, lol!

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

The Car Dock fits better on the phone since I bought two bundles i ended up selling the two desktop cradles to a buddy at work since he has an inufse 4g and I kept both Car Docks now i have one at my desk next to the monitor perfect eye level and one above my bed hanging looking down easier to see the time and to turn off the DAMN ALARM in the morning :D

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I was able to pick the set up a couple of hours ago. The deal is still going on in case anyone was still interested. I'm very excited to have a car dock for GPS purposes. I'm having some trouble finding the Samsung car app though.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I was able to pick the set up a couple of hours ago. The deal is still going on in case anyone was still interested. I'm very excited to have a car dock for GPS purposes. I'm having some trouble finding the Samsung car app though.

Search for Galaxy Sound Dock Redirector. It's a third party app that works with both docks

Reactions: joshrocker

StillFunkyB

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a set from the ATT store in Florence, KY.

What you need to do is have them do a direct fulfillment order. They were a little confused, and at first told me that they could not do an order like that without an ATT account, but they figured it out.

Give them SKU 74991, and 74965.

Total out the door for me was $18.56.