I noticed a lot of bugs with his phone.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Have u even read the beginning of the thread were everyone is cursing and bad mouthing me....?. Hello! You need to put them on check first sir!
This is the first time I even posted on these forums and moderators are attacking me!... U need to read from the very beginning... WoW!

As for those who kindly posted.... Thank u for ur responses and time. I will surely get my phone checked and see for a replacement. Before that....i will reformat/ factory reset and see if it helps.

I feel like I deserve an apology.:'( I feel victimized!

It's not that people mind you coming in here and claiming you have issues with your phone if you are looking for a solution. But when you come in here and complain then say the phone is not good and the iPhone is so much better and the iPhone does this and that then why would anyone want to help you? At that point it doesn't sound like you want help but sounds more like you are trolling.

If you post like a troll you will get trolled. Maybe next time you need help you want bash the device you are seeking help for.

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not that people mind you coming in here and claiming you have issues with your phone if you are looking for a solution. But when you come in here and complain then say the phone is not good and the iPhone is so much better and the iPhone does this and that then why would anyone want to help you? At that point it doesn't sound like you want help but sounds more like you are trolling.

If you post like a troll you will get trolled. Maybe next time you need help you want bash the device you are seeking help for.
So let's say someone is having an issue; or issues with their phone that are legit and real...and in the course of relaying those issues to others for some help they praise another phone's accolades while "bashing" another phone...gonna withhold help even though it can be given?? Withhold it all over just because of getting sensitive over man made adevices? Kinda sad and silly.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So let's say someone is having an issue; or issues with their phone that are legit and real...and in the course of relaying those issues to others for some help they praise another phone's accolades while "bashing" another phone...gonna withhold help even though it can be given?? Withhold it all over just because of getting sensitive over man made adevices? Kinda sad and silly.

The OP did not come in here asking for help. He came in here bashing the phone and Samsung and saying why can't they make phones like an iPhone. Please explain to me how that is looking for help?

Like I said, it was more of a troll post then a help me post.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
OP.. it widely known that this phone has many many issues and you posted just a small amount of them ..keep it longer and the problems mount up ..don't fight the fanboys though they get mad because their phone is perfect

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've just started getting weird issues with the device. It randomly freezes or just quits applications that typically run fine (wo any new apps or settings). Its very odd.

I like the phone but would like to fix these recent issues. It seems weird that these are all of the sudden and didn't happen previously.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as i can tell all andriod devices have problems so do apple phones its just making a decision on what problems you want to deal with

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Bugs can be fixed by software updates. I think that there needs to be some patience. Im sure the software issues will be resolved.
Also keep in mind that its not just about having patience; but having a realization that the more things a device/OS is capable of doing and being tweaked....the inherent nature of the underlying code is to shut down, become unstable and freeze from time to time. That's an underlying problem and accepted "norm" with Android OS (at least for now).

Kind of like how video game developers/coders have made so many strides in video game adaptation, gameplay, sequences, graphics, etc...but still haven't mastered the art of making characters look less "creepy" with the motion of blinking their eyes in a natural/fluid way rather than giving a prolonged stare and blinking from time to time. So just as with most all "smartphones"...a battery pull from time to time may have to be acted on in between sessions of enjoying that powerful device called a "smartphone" that we enjoy so much.

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again to those who kindly replied.
So far I have reset my phone for the third time in one month. All is well today :) . I did noticed that when making call that has automated operators and having to press a number for an option..... The automated service will not recognized the numbers that I press.

Has anyone else experience this?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again to those who kindly replied.
So far I have reset my phone for the third time in one month. All is well today :) . I did noticed that when making call that has automated operators and having to press a number for an option..... The automated service will not recognized the numbers that I press.

Has anyone else experience this?

A couple people have reported this. You may need to enable a Long DTMF.

From Milo's data speed there here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...c-4g-touch-3g-4g-data-speeds.html#post1288497

he mentions other dialer codes. Here is the snippet from his post that refers to this ...

Other Dialer Codes
Be careful. Some of these reset your phone or do a factory reset.
If you can't navigate 800# support menus (your bank, etc.), you may need a Long DTMF. For instance if prompted, "Press 1 for ____", you press 1 but it says that you have not responded.
→ ##33284# Debug Menu > Enter MLS > Scroll down to Others > Long DTMF

Oh you're going to need your phone's MSL for this. Refer to the thread I linked on how to get it.

zebrazed

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My GSII came with a faulty charger. The OS would become glitchy and almost unresponsive when it was plugged in. Did you try using a different charger?

zebrazed

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Also my screen occasionally gets frozen and becomes laggy and twitchy.
When texting....I noticed that words highlight very easily and becomes annoying plus overly twitchy. Sometimes...by the time I move my finger from a word the screen tends to twitch and blink as if was a phone that has nervous problem especially pluged in on a charger.

My GSII came with a faulty charger. The OS would become glitchy and almost unresponsive when it was plugged in. Did you try using a different charger?