Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I didn't come across this in my search.

I used to have an Epic 4g and the navigation worked most of the time. Sometimes my I couldn't get a lock on my location. I was worried that the Epic Touch would have the same problems. From what I've read online, some have issue with the gps locking. From my experiences with 3 different ET's in 3 different locations, gps would lock instantly. The thing that didn't work was the navigation. All three times, it would find the destination I want, give me a route, but would then just hang there and say "seaching for gps.." The navigation just wouldn't start. I could read the directions, but the guided turn by turn wouldn't get pass the "searching for gps" screen.

Has anyone noticed this issue? Is there a solution? All three boxes were checked in the locations settings on all three phones I tested. I switched from an Epic 4g to and iPhone 4s, but I really want to go back to android and get an Epic Touch. The whole navigation thing is the only thing holding me back at this point. Any insight would be apreciated!
    10-29-2011 06:17 AM
    My E4gT gps works great...no issues.
    10-29-2011 08:17 AM
    Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I didn't come across this in my search.

I used to have an Epic 4g and the navigation worked most of the time. Sometimes my I couldn't get a lock on my location. I was worried that the Epic Touch would have the same problems. From what I've read online, some have issue with the gps locking. From my experiences with 3 different ET's in 3 different locations, gps would lock instantly. The thing that didn't work was the navigation. All three times, it would find the destination I want, give me a route, but would then just hang there and say "seaching for gps.." The navigation just wouldn't start. I could read the directions, but the guided turn by turn wouldn't get pass the "searching for gps" screen.

Has anyone noticed this issue? Is there a solution? All three boxes were checked in the locations settings on all three phones I tested. I switched from an Epic 4g to and iPhone 4s, but I really want to go back to android and get an Epic Touch. The whole navigation thing is the only thing holding me back at this point. Any insight would be apreciated!
    Don't listen to the naysayers...I have the Epic 4G (typing and sending this reply on it); it's a solid phone overall. HOWEVER; there IS a GPS locking issue with it...I experience it a lot; as do many others. For those who dont experience the locking issue on their unit...you're lucky and I wish I didn't have that issue...but I do unfortunately.
    10-29-2011 09:51 AM
    I did a side-by-side comparison between my fiance's evo 4g and my galaxy sii. I used gps test while we drove around houston, and her evo was able acquire and use 2x to 3x more satellites. I don't think her evo lost gps connection at all whereas my gsii did a few times. She also had much greater accuracy: average of 9 ft where my gsii was around 96 ft. Hopefully th ere's a fix for this...
    10-29-2011 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD