Just switched from an EVO 3D, So far, love the phone but have a few questions.

Where should I put the photos that I back up from the EVO? Also, if I add a SD card, does that become the default to where photos and music are stored on the phone by default?

When joining contacts, it appears the phone puts preference on the Google account photo over the Facebook photo and there doesn't appear to be a way to change it. Does anyone know how to do that? I ended up deleting the Google account folder from the Google contact, which in turn, changed the contact's photo to Facebook's profile photo. The EVO had an option to change which was the default.

Where do I put new notification sounds that I download for the phone to recognize in the notifications menus?

Thanks for the help!
    10-30-2011 10:19 AM
    I can answer one of your questions. You can check where your pictures are stored by going into the camera and clicking on the settings icon. Scroll to the bottom and you can select storage, phone or memory card.
    packpackpack likes this.
    10-30-2011 12:13 PM
    I would say the sd card it's the default as you can't store pictures without one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 12:16 PM
    I would say the sd card it's the default as you can't store pictures without one.

Oops, thanks, I changed my post.
    10-30-2011 12:36 PM
    Go to the contact you'd like to change the picture on. Hit menu then mark as default. There you can select the fb image.
    packpackpack likes this.
    10-30-2011 01:02 PM
    Remember that the Epic 4G Touch saves by default to the SD card (but that is the internal one). When you go to My Files, you will see a folder for "external SD card." As noted by Murphy5111, you can change the camera storage to the memory card if you like. I have not been able to find where to auto save to the external sd card for attachments, etc. If anyone knows, please post. You can move the pictures/documents to the external sd by going to MyFiles and selecting the specific one/hold down and it will come up with the option to move (plus others).
    As far as notification sounds, I have not had any problems having to chose a specific place to store, the phone finds them (at least from my experience) Good luck
    packpackpack likes this.
    10-30-2011 02:48 PM
    Remember that the Epic 4G Touch saves by default to the SD card (but that is the internal one). When you go to My Files, you will see a folder for "external SD card." As noted by Murphy5111, you can change the camera storage to the memory card if you like. I have not been able to find where to auto save to the external sd card for attachments, etc. If anyone knows, please post. You can move the pictures/documents to the external sd by going to MyFiles and selecting the specific one/hold down and it will come up with the option to move (plus others).
    As far as notification sounds, I have not had any problems having to chose a specific place to store, the phone finds them (at least from my experience) Good luck
    Is it safe to assume that the internal sd card partition is not touched during a factory reset? That would be my only concern. Thanks again!
    10-31-2011 06:36 AM

I think you might be confused. This phone does not come with an SD card, just an SD partition internally. It stores photos by default to the internal partition.
    10-31-2011 06:38 AM
    I think it does come with an SD card. From the Samsung site:

Memory
    16GB/32GB
    MicroSD (up to 32GB)
    10-31-2011 10:00 PM
    You can add additional memory via the Micro SD card slot, but it does not come with a card from the factory. When you look through the "My Files" app you will, by default, be in a folder called /sdcard. This actually represents the internal storage within the phone. When looking at the available folders there is a folder called external_sd. This folder contains those files that have been moved to or are located on your External Micro SD card.

I have attached a screen cap showing the folder for the external_sd. Note that when you look at the camera app it will ask you were to store the pics. I selected "Memory Card" and this has moved items to my external card.

Hope this helps with any confusion!
    11-01-2011 07:01 AM
    Hope this helps with any confusion!
    I still wonder if the internal "sd card" partition is touched during a factory reset. That would help me decide where to store certain things.
    11-01-2011 07:45 AM
    Unless you specify to format the SDcard (internal), I'm pretty sure it will leave it alone. I seem to remember it gave me the option the other day, but I formatted it anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 09:46 AM
    I think it does come with an SD card. From the Samsung site:

Memory
    16GB/32GB
    MicroSD (up to 32GB)
    Nope. You have to buy an extrnal sd card.
    11-01-2011 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD