One of my pet peeves over the years has been the amount of dust that gets into the battery compartment or even behind the screen (blackberry curve was downright awful, Storm 2 was bad and even the droid incredible collected a good amount of dust). I have to say I was worried about what I perceived was a flimsy back cover for this phone but am pleasantly surprised that hardly any dust gets in. I know it's a little thing, but as much as I've complained over the years I thouhgt I had to acknowlege when a company gets it right.
    10-30-2011 12:11 PM
    One of my pet peeves over the years has been the amount of dust that gets into the battery compartment or even behind the screen (blackberry curve was downright awful, Storm 2 was bad and even the droid incredible collected a good amount of dust). I have to say I was worried about what I perceived was a flimsy back cover for this phone but am pleasantly surprised that hardly any dust gets in. I know it's a little thing, but as much as I've complained over the years I thouhgt I had to acknowlege when a company gets it right.
    EVO 4G ,EVO 3D , BB9630 & 9650 are dust collectors as well shabby constrution.
    Samsung gets so much flack for cheap feel yet its built rock solid, lines are clean and tight no jag screen sits tight.
    10-30-2011 12:28 PM
    EVO 4G ,EVO 3D , BB9630 & 9650 are dust collectors as well shabby constrution.
    Samsung gets so much flack for cheap feel yet its built rock solid, lines are clean and tight no jag screen sits tight.
    Agree 100%. One of the best constructed devices I have owned.
    10-30-2011 02:05 PM
    I agree. I have seen so many comments about it being "plasticky." It may have a thin back but hasn't broken yet and it is not the easiest one to get off. As with any phone, I definitely would have a case. I bought a case that fits the Infuse 4G from Perfected Case Chemistry at Best Buy (a Best Buy Mobile Team Member told me it fit) and like it. I have not put on protection for the gorilla glass but I am waiting for Otterbox to make a defender for it. So far, glass is looking good.
    10-30-2011 03:04 PM
    I agree completely as well. I don't understand why people complain about Samsung's build quality. My Evo 4G got *a lot* of dust under the screen in the upper left. There was light leakage behind the buttons on the bottom. The battery cover never fit correctly. My E4GT has none of these issues! Build quality is great!
    11-01-2011 04:47 AM
    Let me add a +1 for those discussing the awfulness of the Evo 4G in terms of collecting dust as well as a +1 for how great this phone is for avoiding dust. I was shocked by the amount of dust I encountered when I pulled apart my OG Evo to replace the shattered screen. While it is mostly plastic this phone is incredible at keeping dust away.
    11-01-2011 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD