Evo3d or Epictouch4g

coldasice304

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched to sprint the day the Epictouch4G came out I actually preordered it. I was pretty set on getting the phone but the Sprint rep did suggest if I didn't want to wait the Evo3d and Photon are both good choices. Im happy with my Epictouch but wonder if i made the right choice I have a friend who has a Evo3d who is willing to trade. Should I stick with Epictouch or trade for the Evo3d?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Both are good phones. It really boils down to personal preference I'd say. The one place where the E4GT really outshines the EVO 3D is the camera. Also, many like the SAMOLED Plus screen on the E4GT compared to the LCD on the EVO 3D. However, the EVO 3D has a higher resolution, which some prefer. I personally think the E4GT screen is much better even at a lower resolution, but again, it's personal preference.

If you get a good signal on the E4GT, and your battery is performing well, it's hard to beat really. I consider it to be the best phone on Sprint right now by a large margin. Again, my opinion.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Stick with Epic touch hardware & performance blows away 3D.
If you don't believe me trade up with you friend he wont be disappointed :)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the 3D around launch day. It is a great device. A few weeks ago i wanted to try out the Epic Touch and i have decided to stick with it. Im extremely happy with the better camera software and how much better my pictures look. I also like the S-AMOLED display. Those have already been mentioned above. I am just backing up those claims. But thats just what I like. What you may like could be different.
I was extremely happy with the 3D. It was a solid device, good battery life, i had no issues with the unit i had.
Hulu+ also worked on it. Currently they are "working" on adding more devices.
The larger physical size screen is also nice. However i still feel as if i could break the device if it was in my pocket and i leaned against something. The 3D is built a bit tougher. Again, just how they feel when i am comparing the two.
Both are good devices.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Epic Touch 4g to replace my EVO3D. Must say that I am very impressed with this phone. Though is will feel super light for me at first coming from the heavy and thick evo 3d, but you will get used to it. The phone's camera, speaker, and screen blow away my 3D. It is nice and thin, looks better. As far as performance goes, so far I have not been able to push it, and to see how it performs once I have all my apps and crap on it. But so far it feels snappy.

I just love the screen size. I have never had an issue with the size of the screens these days, but anything bigger will probably be obnoxious, and this might suck for some with smaller hands, but I love it.

Someone above mentioned the resolution. I was worried about that, but the screen on the Epic still looks better to me.

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep the epic. I had the 3d since it came out while it was an improvement over the evo 4g, to me it can't touch the epic. My battery life on my evo 3d was terrible and i found myself never using the 3d. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Battery life is great on this phone and the screen. I love it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

gravyhead

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the 3D around launch day. It is a great device. A few weeks ago i wanted to try out the Epic Touch and i have decided to stick with it. Im extremely happy with the better camera software and how much better my pictures look. I also like the S-AMOLED display. Those have already been mentioned above. I am just backing up those claims. But thats just what I like. What you may like could be different.
I was extremely happy with the 3D. It was a solid device, good battery life, i had no issues with the unit i had.
Hulu+ also worked on it. Currently they are "working" on adding more devices.
The larger physical size screen is also nice. However i still feel as if i could break the device if it was in my pocket and i leaned against something. The 3D is built a bit tougher. Again, just how they feel when i am comparing the two.
Both are good devices.

Holy smokes you're tall!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Holy smokes you're tall!

Funny you mention that. I get that daily in person, rarely do i get that from people i am communicating with on the internet. LOL

You should see the look on peoples faces when i tell them i repair smart phones for a living.
Last week pulled out a Galaxy Tab 7 out of my back pocket and pretended to get a phone call. The looks on the peoples faces at the store i was at was just incredible.

sakyh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mention that. I get that daily in person, rarely do i get that from people i am communicating with on the internet. LOL

You should see the look on peoples faces when i tell them i repair smart phones for a living.
Last week pulled out a Galaxy Tab 7 out of my back pocket and pretended to get a phone call. The looks on the peoples faces at the store i was at was just incredible.

Lol.

I am/was sort of in the same dilemma--basically deciding which one I'd rather have for Christmas. They both seem pretty great, but the GalaxyS2EpiclongnameTouch seems to have a bit of an edge. So I'll probably be getting the Epic Touch, as the only thing I really like a bit more on the Evo 3D is the interface (which hardly has any weight in the argument as you can always customize that).

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the evo3d on launch day. I'm wanting to trade or get rid of the 3d. What are some ways I can do to get the epic??

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had an EVO 3D and sold it due to the bugs that kept coming back from time to time. I have had my Galaxy SII for a week now. IT. IS. SO. MUCH. BETTER.

In my opinion I think The Sense UI is just bringing down the performance and stability of the phone.

You made the right decision.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sprint said it best "blazing fast speeds, on a pencil thin phone."
Say hello to the all new sprint samsung galaxy s II epic 4 G Touch! Damn that's STILL long lol but seriously that 3D was riddled with glitches nice phone, however full of problems!

When I got it with in the first month there were several updates lol updates to correct updates that screwed up the lock screen and icons its like they couldn't get it right! But people enjoyed the "updates" they considered it great support by htc, but I'd rather have a device that doesn't require a monthly update!

Htc reminds me of Tim Tebow you gotta love Denver but they just can't get it right! Right Now maybe with the Evo 4!

I gave the phone to my girl & she goes I like it, but how do I get it to stop telling me I have missed text mesg. I go yeaaa you can't its a glitch, use a market app...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the evo3d on launch day. I'm wanting to trade or get rid of the 3d. What are some ways I can do to get the epic??

Put up an ad on Craig's List. Meet potential buyers at a local Sprint store which tends to increase the comfort level of the buyer, and allows them to activate it right there. Then take the cash you get, add some of your own, and plunk down the $499 at the store. Or you could do the same and buy a used one on Craig's List or EBay to save some money.

Last edited:

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Put up an add on Craig's List. Meet potential buyers at a local Sprint store which tends to increase the comfort level of the buyer, and allows them to activate it right there. Then take the cash you get, add some of your own, and plunk down the $499 at the store. Or you could do the same and buy a used one on Craig's List or EBay to save some money.

Good Advice!