11-05-2011 03:35 PM
26 12
tools
    My friend knows I am planning to get an Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch and when she was at Best Buy today getting her phone repaired, they told her that the Epic 4G Touch doesn't sync with Google Calendar. Is that true? It doesn't even seem to make sense.

Kim
    10-31-2011 09:47 PM
    False. The Epic Touch does sync with Google Calender. Mine is all synced up.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    10-31-2011 10:15 PM
    Works with mine. One of the reasons I went with Android is all the google integration.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    10-31-2011 10:18 PM
    It absolutely does sync calendar, email and contacts. I have that phone
    kimdushinski likes this.
    10-31-2011 10:19 PM
    Thank you so much for verifying that it does sync with Google Calendar. That's what I thought and it is good to hear it from actual owners of the phone.
    10-31-2011 10:31 PM
    These phone salespeople have no clue sometimes what they are selling. I am amazed at some of the things that I have been told or have heard them tell others about these phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 05:54 AM
    Its an Android (Google) phone! Of course it does! It also syncs with facebook calendar and facebook contacts, just incase someone claims it doesn't
    11-01-2011 09:28 AM
    Syncs just fine
    11-01-2011 09:35 AM
    Wow ... telling someone an Android phone doesn't sync with Google Calendar ... that's just unbelievable!
    11-01-2011 11:58 AM
    Its an Android (Google) phone! Of course it does! It also syncs with facebook calendar and facebook contacts, just incase someone claims it doesn't
    How can I sinc my FB contacts? They are on my phone, but will not sinc to PC or laptop contacts.
    11-01-2011 01:37 PM
    It's a GOOGLE software phone........... where do people come UP with this sh*t?
    11-01-2011 03:01 PM
    Your friend should go back to Best Buy, tell the salesperson to whip out his or her iPhone and do a Google search on Android Calendar syncing.
    11-01-2011 03:47 PM
    How can I sinc my FB contacts? They are on my phone, but will not sinc to PC or laptop contacts.
    You do that inside the FB app, it is in Options to sync FB contacts
    jkrezdorn likes this.
    11-01-2011 03:52 PM
    You do that inside the FB app, it is in Options to sync FB contacts
    Thanks, I found that earlier today. But the contacts still are not on my laptop
    11-01-2011 06:45 PM
    Thanks, I found that earlier today. But the contacts still are not on my laptop
    oh no, what I was speaking of was when you sync Facebook with your address book on your phone, it syncs only with your Facebook contacts that are already contacts in your address book. It doesn't add FB contacts into your address book, if they aren't there.
    jkrezdorn likes this.
    11-01-2011 10:11 PM
    oh no, what I was speaking of was when you sync Facebook with your address book on your phone, it syncs only with your Facebook contacts that are already contacts in your address book. It doesn't add FB contacts into your address book, if they aren't there.
    Thanks again. I did notice that the contact photo changes as when they change it on FB.
    11-02-2011 07:38 AM
    They are wrong at Best Buy. It syncs just fine. That's like saying that the Iphone does not sync with Itunes.
    11-02-2011 07:57 AM
    I was so thrilled this morning, for the first time I entered an appointment into my Outlook calendar on my laptop (which is synced with Google), I clicked Save and 1 minute later grabbed my phone and there on my calendar sat the new appointment!!
    11-02-2011 08:31 AM
    I was so thrilled this morning, for the first time I entered an appointment into my Outlook calendar on my laptop (which is synced with Google), I clicked Save and 1 minute later grabbed my phone and there on my calendar sat the new appointment!!
    Ditto here, it is just the greatest thing ever. IMO, it made Microsoft Outlook obsolete at the same time, and I have never used it since.

I have two Android phones and one Android Honeycomb tablet, all contacts and calendars (I use three of them for various things) are always synced instantly, wherever I make an addition/change.
    11-02-2011 09:14 AM
    My friend knows I am planning to get an Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch and when she was at Best Buy today getting her phone repaired, they told her that the Epic 4G Touch doesn't sync with Google Calendar. Is that true? It doesn't even seem to make sense.

Kim
    What was your friend doing out of the kitchen?
    11-02-2011 10:26 PM
    I was looking for the ******-iest, most archaic, piggish comment ever... and lookie here. I wish for you exactly what you're looking for - a woman to stay in the kitchen, while you continue to self serve in the bedroom, alone.

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:41 AM
    Ditto here, it is just the greatest thing ever. IMO, it made Microsoft Outlook obsolete at the same time, and I have never used it since.

I have two Android phones and one Android Honeycomb tablet, all contacts and calendars (I use three of them for various things) are always synced instantly, wherever I make an addition/change.
    Well there is a Google Sync tiny app you can install on your computer or laptop which syncs Outlook (calendar and contacts) with Google and you can determine the sync rate, from 5 minutes up to a day or two. I have mine set to sync every 5 minutes, plus you can do manual syncs. It works so well.
    11-03-2011 10:08 AM
    Well there is a Google Sync tiny app you can install on your computer or laptop which syncs Outlook (calendar and contacts) with Google and you can determine the sync rate, from 5 minutes up to a day or two. I have mine set to sync every 5 minutes, plus you can do manual syncs. It works so well.
    Thanks, but the last thing I need are two calendar and contact programs. I want just one, and I want it everywhere. Maybe if I needed Outlook for work or something it would be different, but I don't.
    11-03-2011 05:04 PM
    I was looking for the ******-iest, most archaic, piggish comment ever... and lookie here. I wish for you exactly what you're looking for - a woman to stay in the kitchen, while you continue to self serve in the bedroom, alone.

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    I'm impressed that you can type and iron at the same time.
    11-04-2011 08:44 PM
    HYDE:

Why on Earth do you feel you need to insult my friend? You have no idea who she is or what her status is in life. The only part she plays in this story is telling me what the incompetent person at Best Buy happened to tell her. Go away.
    11-05-2011 12:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD