I upgraded from an HTC Hero which worked just fine (Rooted running CM7 then Deck ROMs). I plug in my Bose MIE3 Headset that sounds great on both phones! When I press the button once or twice nothing happens, on the Hero ONCE would PAUSE/START the music, TWICE would skip to the next song. Now the only button press that work are if I HOLD/PRESS/ONCE I get the TalkTap only when the screen is on. The answering the phone when a call came in worked on the original stock ROM which was nice but dont miss it that as much as I now miss the PAUSE/START music.

I have done some research on all of this and here is what Ive found so far:
    In my SGS2 /system/user/keylayout/sec_jack.kl
    key 163 MEDIA_NEXT WAKE
    key 165 MEDIA_PREVIOUS WAKE
    key 226 SEND_END WAKE

In my HTC Hero Rooted Deck ROM /system/user/keylayout/h2w_headset.kl
    key 107 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED
    key 113 MUTE
    key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
    key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE
    key 163 MEDIA_NEXT
    key 164 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
    key 165 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
    key 226 HEADSETHOOK WAKE
    key 231 CALL WAKE_DROPPED

From what Ive read if I change SEND_END to HEADSETHOOK this should fix the PAUSE/START music for one press of the button.

So my dilemma; this is a NEW phone that I dont want to brick at a cost of $500 to replace. I would like to be able to use the button single and double click to PAUSE/START/SKIP music and answer the phone without installing a new ROM.
    Oh, also with the Hero when the headset was plugged in I would see a little headphone in the status and the ringer would only be heard through the headset with the SGS2 no icon in the status bar and RING RING from the phone.

The paranoid part of me is thinking this is some sort of scheme to find all of the bootleg music out their!
    10-31-2011 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD