Download/install alternate keyboard layout

andro ID

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am seeking a keyboard layout that incorporates a key with ".com". Is this an option within the Samsung installed software on the phone? Do I need to source it in the Android Market, any knowledge if it exists for Android OS?

Thanks

deedub

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Gingerbread Keyboard from the Market. I installed it on my EVO and EVO 3D, but its the best on the Epic Touch with its bigger screen.

Its a dark colored keyboard with light characters on the keys which are very easy to see, it has great predictive characteristics and you never have to type more than 2-3 characters for the majority of words and it has personalization options galore.

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Gingerbread Keyboard from the Market. I installed it on my EVO and EVO 3D, but its the best on the Epic Touch with its bigger screen.

Its a dark colored keyboard with light characters on the keys which are very easy to see, it has great predictive characteristics and you never have to type more than 2-3 characters for the majority of words and it has personalization options galore.

I have a question, since my Galaxy SII is Gingerbread OS, is the default keyboard called "Samsung keyboard" this Gingerbread keyboard? I'd like to try it, but it may already by my default keyboard.

deedub

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a question, since my Galaxy SII is Gingerbread OS, is the default keyboard called "Samsung keyboard" this Gingerbread keyboard? I'd like to try it, but it may already by my default keyboard.

Dollface,

Gingerbread Keyboard is a different keyboard than what came stock on my Epic Touch. Remember you have 15 minutes to cancel the Market purchase if you don't like it and that should be enough time to verify its different.

I believe Gingerbread Keyboard is the standard keyboard supplied by Google with Android 2.3. For whatever reason, either Samsung or Sprint alters the keyboard to what is delivered on the phones. Like I said, it was not the keyboard supplied with either of my EVOs either.

I learned about it when I was installing Cyanogen ROMs on my EVO. "Gingerbread Keyboard" came standard with the Cyanogen ROM, I'm assuming because Cyanogen does not alter the keyboard from the standard keyboard Google includes with 2.3 Gingerbread.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Reactions: dollface