Receiving //Brew and //Android messages from 9067 & 9016 numbers.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I receive text messages starting with //Brew and followed by some gibberish from number 9067 at random times. Also, every time someone leaves me a voice-mail, I receive a text message from 9016, which starts with //Android: and followed by the number which left the voice-mail and then another number, which it says I should call to listen to the message. These messages are really annoying. Is there a way to make these stop?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Receiving //Brew and //Android messages from 9067 & 9016 numb

It's the SMS app you installed, whether it be GoSMS or Handcent. If you're using GoSMS, go into settings > advanced under uncheck "Disable other message notification". If that doesn't completely solve the issue, follow the instructions here Visual Voice Mail Fix - xda-developers If you're using Handcent, you can find some info on it by doing a quick Google search.

:D

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

It's the SMS app you installed, whether it be GoSMS or Handcent. If you're using GoSMS, go into settings > advanced under uncheck "Disable other message notification". If that doesn't completely solve the issue, follow the instructions here Visual Voice Mail Fix - xda-developers If you're using Handcent, you can find some info on it by doing a quick Google search.

:D

Thanks JayWill72 for pointing in the right direction. I definitely have handcent, but so far only solution I found was blacklisting these numbers, but this still leaves the LED notification uncleared, which needs to be manually cleared by going into the handcent app. Still searching for the solution. If handcent doesn't have a solution for it, then I will have to jump over to GoSMS.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

There is definitely a solution in Handcent. It's a simple setting regarding notifications. I'll see if I can find where I read about when I get back to my office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech