hey guys im trying to root this phone... but my pc wont recognize the phone at all i download the program keis (or w.e its called) and still nothing

im running windows 7 but im using an htc usb cable
    11-02-2011 01:18 PM
    Once your USB is connected, use your pull down menu and select "copy files to/from pc"
    11-02-2011 01:54 PM
    Once your USB is connected, use your pull down menu and select "copy files to/from pc"
    when i plug it it says mtp connected and when i click on it. it doesnt do noting
    11-02-2011 02:12 PM
    You have to use the drop/drag down menu at the top of your phone and follow the instructions from there.

Up at the very top of your screen, put your finger on the screen and drag it down.
    11-02-2011 02:16 PM
    when i plug it it says mtp connected and when i click on it. it doesnt do noting
    So when you pull down your notification bar, do you have a notification that says "USB Connected"? If you click that a window should pop up that has a button that says "Connect USB Storage". Hit that and it should mount your internal SD, and your external SD if you have one.

For rooting purposes using Odin, go to Control Panel on your computer, then Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If you see "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device" listed then you're good to go on the drivers.

If you continue to have problems try a different USB cable. Also try toggling "USB debugging" on your phone on or off to see if anything changes.
    Upstreammiami likes this.
    11-02-2011 02:19 PM
    You have to use the drop/drag down menu at the top of your phone and follow the instructions from there.

Up at the very top of your screen, put your finger on the screen and drag it down.
    lol i know man look at my rank im not a noob... im saying in the pull down it says mtp connected but when i click on it nothing happens
    11-02-2011 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD