GPS not working

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if it is my imagination but the app GPS Status and Toolbox improved the accuracy of the GPS - I have used GPS Test to and cleared AGPS before but the GPS immediately found me to the specific area?? Hope this continues. (I may even donate) :)

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if it is my imagination but the app GPS Status and Toolbox improved the accuracy of the GPS - I have used GPS Test to and cleared AGPS before but the GPS immediately found me to the specific area?? Hope this continues. (I may even donate) :)

Yesterday I couldn't get a lock and updated the AGPS data using GPS toolbox and the lock came within seconds. I set it to download AGPS data automatically every day. Today it locked right away. I will keep testing, but it does seem to help.

As I understand it, the AGPS data helps it locate satellites faster. Maybe the GPS chip works, but isn't the greatest and needs the updated GPS data.

According to Wikipedia:

Assisted GPS, generally abbreviated as A-GPS or aGPS, is a system which can, under certain conditions, improve the startup performance, or time-to-first-fix (TTFF) of a GPS satellite-based positioning system

adma84

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I couldn't get a lock and updated the AGPS data using GPS toolbox and the lock came within seconds. I set it to download AGPS data automatically every day. Today it locked right away. I will keep testing, but it does seem to help.

As I understand it, the AGPS data helps it locate satellites faster. Maybe the GPS chip works, but isn't the greatest and needs the updated GPS data.

According to Wikipedia:

Assisted GPS, generally abbreviated as A-GPS or aGPS, is a system which can, under certain conditions, improve the startup performance, or time-to-first-fix (TTFF) of a GPS satellite-based positioning system

Yep, no surprises there. That is exactly what agps does.

Irishgator

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely having this problem with my phone that is less than a week old... Sometimes have a signal, then driving down the road and it loses signal. No roaming or anything. If I hold my GPS forward in front of the roof in the windshield, the signal comes back.

I never had to worry about where in the car I had my GPS with my EVO or Nexus S 4G.

This is not acceptable performance.

stephengunn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Pulling battery worked for me

Pulling the battery worked for me too. Before pulling it I tried powering off and on the phone, turning off sensor aiding, clearing and updating AGPS data, but the most I would get would be two satellites. After I pulled the battery, 5 - 7 satellites pretty much immediately.

The software on these phones is not the most stable stuff in the world, is it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance