11-20-2011 03:43 PM
97 1234
tools
    So let me get this straight...the GN isn't that fast, yet its faster than the fastest phone out there?
    They said it's the best and fastest out there with current technology available, based on that, it's not that fast because it's barely faster than a phone that was introduced in the first quarter of this year.
    11-06-2011 07:22 PM
    They said it's the best and fastest out there with current technology available, based on that, it's not that fast because it's barely faster than a phone that was introduced in the first quarter of this year.
    Um...and it is the best and fastest out there. You can't release something with future technology without a Delorean. There's not always a huge leap.
    11-06-2011 07:50 PM
    I agree. It has come to the point where all these SoCs are all about the same, maybe marginally better in one area or another (at the moment, the GPUs on all the current SoCs seem to fare fine with what they have to deal with). Also, hardware isn't the thing that the Nexus is going for (but they do use off-the-shelf components like TI's OMAPs which are used in other OEM devices and not like Samsung's Exynos which they only use for their phones), but for the software. The Nexus was optimized to run it, just like Samsung optimized GB for the S2 (i.e. the smooth browsing experience).
    11-06-2011 09:23 PM
    Since when did they start being pains about the activation fee? I've never had any problem getting them to waive it at all. Second, there's no way in h#ll Sprint has anything in their system about the GSIII. No chance. I think if anything, she was referring to the GN.
    Dont shoot the messenger. She stated this herself. The Galaxy SIII, NOT the Galaxy Nexus is the phone she said Sprint personel are aware of. And that it will not be released this year, but the next. The GSIII possibly is every other carriers version of the Nexus with ICS Android 4.0.
    11-06-2011 10:42 PM
    Dont shoot the messenger. She stated this herself. The Galaxy SIII, NOT the Galaxy Nexus is the phone she said Sprint personel are aware of. And that it will not be released this year, but the next. The GSIII possibly is every other carriers version of the Nexus with ICS Android 4.0.
    You're missing my point. There's no way some schmuck you got on the phone would have any clue about a phone that hasn't even seen the light of day yet. We all know that what comes out of carrier employees mouths regarding hardware is typically bs. "Sprint personnel" are made aware of phones when training material come in. I hate to be the bad guy here, but either you misheard, or she misread or was talking out her @$$. The GSIII is still vaporware at this point, and the Nexus is not going to get a name change for other carriers.
    11-07-2011 12:06 AM
    I doubt she was talking about the GSIII. The Galaxy S phones always come out in May and come to US carriers anywhere from June-September.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 12:54 AM
    I doubt she was talking about the GSIII. The Galaxy S phones always come out in May and come to US carriers anywhere from June-September.
    I'd be willing to bet my first born she wasn't talking about the GSIII. How would someone you get on the phone to help you with a charge on your bill have any clue about a phone that hasn't seen the light of day? She's more informed than the most hardcore enthusiasts? Don't think so. Most people that work for carriers wouldn't know a a Galaxy Nexus from a Nexus One.
    11-07-2011 11:02 AM
    Maybe she was talking about the Pre 3...
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 12:40 PM
    Maybe she was talking about the Pre 3...
    That's more likely. She probably would have said the iPhone 5 was coming the beginning of the year too
    11-07-2011 12:43 PM
    You're missing my point. There's no way some schmuck you got on the phone would have any clue about a phone that hasn't even seen the light of day yet. We all know that what comes out of carrier employees mouths regarding hardware is typically bs. "Sprint personnel" are made aware of phones when training material come in. I hate to be the bad guy here, but either you misheard, or she misread or was talking out her @$$. The GSIII is still vaporware at this point, and the Nexus is not going to get a name change for other carriers.
    The GSIII is the phone she specifically stated. Loud n clear
    11-07-2011 05:06 PM
    11-07-2011 05:16 PM
    Thanx for the links bud.

Ya I've seen some of those specs floating around. They sure do look sweet.
    11-07-2011 05:51 PM
    The GSIII is the phone she specifically stated. Loud n clear
    Lol, yeah, loud n clear right out of her @$$. Sorry to be the realist here, but there's no way in hell. Its one the same vein as Verizon employees telling people they were getting the iPhone all those years. You do realize how ridiculous it would be if the GSIII was outed by an accounts manager over the phone this far in advance, right? That's probably where the rumor came from saying the iPhone 5 would be Sprint exclusive going on sale 2 months ago. Nope, lol
    11-07-2011 06:10 PM
    Lol, yeah, loud n clear right out of her @$$. Sorry to be the realist here, but there's no way in hell. Its one the same vein as Verizon employees telling people they were getting the iPhone all those years. You do realize how ridiculous it would be if the GSIII was outed by an accounts manager over the phone this far in advance, right? That's probably where the rumor came from saying the iPhone 5 would be Sprint exclusive going on sale 2 months ago. Nope, lol
    Your wall of text doesn't change what I heard. But you could keep trying to be a magician.
    11-07-2011 06:13 PM
    Okay look, crzycrkr wasn't trying to say you didn't hear her talk about the GSIII, but she may have been misinformed and possibly mistaken the GSIII with another particular Samsung phone that is about to be released in the US (hint, hint).
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 06:18 PM
    Okay look, crzycrkr wasn't trying to say you didn't hear her talk about the GSIII, but she may have been misinformed and possibly mistaken the GSIII with another particular Samsung phone that is about to be released in the US (hint, hint).

What I originally asked about was the Galaxy Nexus release date just for kicks. She put me on hold came back and said the only Galaxy phone yet to be released for Sprint next year is the Galaxy SIII. Not this year but the next for the Galaxy SIII I asked and she said yes.
    11-07-2011 06:29 PM
    Thank you for reading and comprehending what I'm saying. And "may" and "possibly" is being extremely nice.

I didnt mean to offend by saying you may have misheard. Its just that there is absolutely no way an account manager has any info at all on a phone that is still vaporware. Like I said, we heard the iPhone 5 was coming too. That ridiculous rumor made more sense than this one.

Edit - And i have no clue what you mean when you call me a magician. Am I pulling logic out of my hat, lol?
    11-07-2011 06:34 PM
    Its foolish to be so sure about something that may or may not exist. The GSIII "info" I heard about is basically a rumor at this point and should only really be taken as such.

crzycrkr, you seem to be taking offense at this "rumor" not anyone else
    11-07-2011 06:44 PM
    A lot of the time internal carrier documents contain names that are not final and are placeholders and what not. How many AT&T and Best Buy docs refereed to the iPhone 4S as the iPhone 5? At this point the GSIII is probably still on the drawing board and MAYBE in early prototype form inside Samsung, but there most certainly isn't any concrete info about it int he hands of ANY carrier.

What she saw was either a GN or another forthcoming phone from Samsung. Perhaps a Wimax variant of the GSII?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 06:48 PM
    Its foolish to be so sure about something that may or may not exist. The GSIII "info" I heard about is basically a rumor at this point and should only really be taken as such.

crzycrkr, you seem to be taking offense at this "rumor" not anyone else
    Okay, fine, you're right, I'm being foolish by not believing a pencil pusher behind a desk knows about a phone that's not going to be release until mid to late 2012. And that is coming in a few short months. I know its a rumor, that's what I'm trying to explain to you. Its a wild, unsubstantiated rumor from an absolutely ridiculous "source." I'm not taking offense to the rumor, I'm just trying to get you to see that you seem to be putting way too much faith in it.
    11-07-2011 06:49 PM
    "Magician" as in trying to make the GSIII "info" disappear
    11-07-2011 06:49 PM
    "Magician" as in trying to make the GSIII "info" disappear
    Oh, I'll take it as magician by making common sense and logic appear.:-)
    11-07-2011 06:51 PM
    Okay, fine, you're right, I'm being foolish by not believing a pencil pusher behind a desk knows about a phone that's not going to be release until mid to late 2012. And that is coming in a few short months. I know its a rumor, that's what I'm trying to explain to you. Its a wild, unsubstantiated rumor from an absolutely ridiculous "source." I'm not taking offense to the rumor, I'm just trying to get you to see that you seem to be putting way too much faith in it.
    I'm not putting any faith in anything being released. Its just hearsay. The most faith I see is in you believing what you think you may know.
    11-07-2011 07:21 PM
    I'm not putting any faith in anything being released. Its just hearsay. The most faith I see is in you believing what you think you may know.
    Well, I know about as much as that woman on the phone, lol
    11-07-2011 07:35 PM
    Well, even if she was talking about the GSIII, it isn't that hard to guess there is going to be an actual GSIII. It's just like 'guessing' there is going to be an iPhone 5 next year so it's fairly redundant information to know that the GSIII is coming out next year.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 11:23 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD